Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest flights to New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2003, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Cheapest flights to New Zealand?

Need help from the travel geniuses at FT!

Girlfriend going to NZ (possibly Australia also.) Leaving from L.A. Trying to find least expensive ticket possible. Flexible in terms of when.

Last year waited too long and flights were around $2,000.

Specials now from Air New Zealand $900-1000 ... is this the best deal or no?
Old May 23, 2003, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
From the UK, this is the cheapest time of the year to go (mid-April to end-June). The fare seasons may be similar in the US, and that may explain the current fare. If that's the explanation, go for it. But remember that it will be getting colder and wetter every week now as winter sets in.
Old Jun 1, 2003, 11:53 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Another option might be a RTW ticket...
Old Jun 1, 2003, 11:59 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by benjie:
Specials now from Air New Zealand $900-1000 ... is this the best deal or no?</font>
$900 is a very good price I would say. I don't think it gets much cheaper than that. You might want to post in the Air New Zealand or Qantas forums for more feedback.

------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin
Old Jun 1, 2003, 1:42 pm

Try Discover Wholesale Travel. They almost always have the cheapest packages to Fiji, Tahiti, NA, and Australia. They have been recommended for years.

NZ's winter is the cheapest time to go (May thru August). Four years ago, we went May 1-11 -- probably the best trip we have ever done.

Good luck

http://www.discoverwholesaletravel.com/

PS: Can't hurt to try Priceline one you have your dates figured out.
Old Jun 1, 2003, 2:51 pm

Programs: Ex UA PremEx
My husband flies from LAX to SYD often and so we are always looking at these fares.

$900-$1000, is not bad. You can ocassionally pick them up for around $700 but it doesn't come up often and you have to be quick.

As someone else mentioned. It is now winter here in the Southern Hemipshere so this is the time that the cheaper fares will be offered..usually. Who can predict the behaviour of the airlines these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.