Search

what's your breaking point?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2003, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN Platinum
what's your breaking point?

We've seen dumb and dumber security policies in recent days, none of which make any of us much safer.

What's your breaking point? At what point do you say f*ck it, and gather picket signs and stand in front of airports to protest the gross violation of passenger dignity?

I've had enough of this b*llsh*t meddling by useless bureaucratic policy makers who like to push air security to absurdity, while softer targets elsewhere are neglected.

Can we organize a march to Washington to protest these inefficient, airline weakening, passenger privacy violating edicts from above???
Old May 31, 2003, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where's your sign? Where do I go to see you standing in front of an airport, or in the lobby, picketing?
Old May 31, 2003, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN Platinum
I'd like to see some type of movement going. Maybe start with a petition signing? Here in CA there's "Recall Gov Davis" tables outside of Target stores...
Old Jun 1, 2003, 5:50 am

Programs: Ex UA PremEx
In Australia the government now want to introduce body searches after the attempted hijacking of a Qantas flight bound for Tasmania. The guy got through security with wooden stakes on him.

The Unions and Civil Liberty activists have already said no..but the Government are seriously considering it.

I think body searches would be my breaking point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.