Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Will the War affect the security checkpoints?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2003, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Do you think the war is going to make security even more "detailed" and take even longer, or are we pretty much at the top of the hassle factor as is?

I'm wondering if I need to budget more time to wait in line for my flights over the next couple weeks.

d
Old Mar 18, 2003, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
As always, depends on where you're at, time of day, etc, but I don't think there will be too much more at the actual security checkpoints. However, in code orange, airports have random check points for cars, shuttles, cabs, entering the airport, so you might need to allocate a bit extra there. That also varies in terms of time, etc, & as far as I know it's not a check every vehicle, but random.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just wrote a song about it, The TSAman, sung to the tune of "The Candyman"

http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...ML/000065.html
Old Mar 18, 2003, 8:44 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
They spent 15 minutes in Milan this morning going through my wife's carry on, usually when they see something strange they go looking for it, but they opended each and every little bag, etc, even after they discovered the corkscrew she forgot she put in there fairly quickly. It wasn't just her, when somebody needed a bag search, it was a very long process.

So, at least on this trip, it looked like they have stepped it up a notch or two, at least in Milan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.