Reload this Page >

Best LegoLand

Best LegoLand

Old Sep 24, 02, 6:01 am
NM
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Best LegoLand

We are planning to take our children on a RTW vacation next year and are having fun planning the activities. We would like to visit LegoLand, ut can really on affort to do it once ... in San Diego or UK. Does anyone have an suggestions as to which is best to visit?

We will be in San Diego in mid May, and the UK in early July. I am assuming the weather may be more reliable in San Diego, but will take locals advice here.

My best thought is we plan to go in SAN and if teh weather is poor we then just plan to hit it in the UK.

Also, is there some way to purchase discounted entry tickets for such attractions? I know for our local attractions here in Australia, anyone can get 10-15% off the gate price by purchasing from various outlets before hand.
Old Sep 24, 02, 9:52 pm

There's a legoland in MSP in the mall of America. The whole joint is close to the airport and pretty kid-friendly.
Old Sep 24, 02, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A friend and I were going to go to the one in SAN, but it was way to expensive for what we were going to get. I don't remember how much.

I can give you a link to get a free two year subscription you Club Lego Magazine:

http://club.lego.com/subscriptionForms/Q1.pdf

d
Old Sep 25, 02, 3:14 am
NM
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Doppy:
A friend and I were going to go to the one in SAN, but it was way to expensive for what we were going to get. I don't remember how much.

I can give you a link to get a free two year subscription you Club Lego Magazine:

http://club.lego.com/subscriptionForms/Q1.pdf

d
</font>
Unfortunately this offer is restricted to US residents . Pitty, the kids would have loved that. Thanks anyway.

Prices seen on the 'net implied US$39.95 for adults and $33.95 for kids for a two-day pass. When converted from our local Pacific Pecos currency it is steep, but hey this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance for the kids to see it. Our exchange rate is even worse against the UK, so that is why I thought it may be best to hit it in San Diego.
Old Sep 25, 02, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
The Lego at Mall of America is a Lego Experience - good play value, etc. but not a Legoland. The Legoland in Carlsbad is very nicely layed out and very enjoyable. Have not been to the one in the UK (though it is a bit out of the way) or Denmark. I am certain your kids will enjoy it tremendously!
Old Sep 25, 02, 2:58 pm

I loved the Legoland in Denmark when I was younger!
Billund airport(Denmarks second largest airport) is located opposite of it and you can do flights over the area in Cessnas which were a fantastic experiences some years ago

Tim
Old Sep 25, 02, 9:07 pm
NM
Original Poster

Of course ... forgot about Denmark! Now that is three choices .... arrrrrg. Oh well, back to the drawing board. I suppose it may come down to the cost based on exchange rate estimate. Or perhaps we aim for Carlsbad and if the weather is bad that day, plan for UK, and if still no good, plan for Denmark?
Old Sep 26, 02, 5:19 pm

We enjoyed the Denmark Legoland. There's also a nice public swiming pool in the town (when we went it was 95F). We drove from Italy and enjoyed driving through the Danish countryside.
Old Sep 26, 02, 6:07 pm

NM: our office frequently gets sent discount coupons for amusement parks here and in LA. I have two 50% off Legoland admissions, but unfortunately they expire Dec 31. Sometimes local grocery stores have promotions too. If you email me closer to your arrival date I'll see what I can dig up.

And as far as the weather, it definitely won't be poor here mid-May. Rains and our "cold" are gone by then.
Old Sep 27, 02, 4:03 am
NM
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JimC:
NM: our office frequently gets sent discount coupons for amusement parks here and in LA. I have two 50% off Legoland admissions, but unfortunately they expire Dec 31. Sometimes local grocery stores have promotions too. If you email me closer to your arrival date I'll see what I can dig up.

And as far as the weather, it definitely won't be poor here mid-May. Rains and our "cold" are gone by then.
</font>
JimC, thanks for the offer. Obviously still a long time tom go, but we are having family fun planning the trip. Also found that our local Auto Service Club (RACQ) is affiliated with AAA so we are entitled to any AAA offered that may be valid at the time.
Old Sep 27, 02, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think AAA entitles you to 10% off the admission price. I have been to Legoland Carlsbad many times & I love it. It will really be a fun day for the whole family & worth the price of admission---there's lots to see & do for all ages. Bring lots of film!
Old Sep 27, 02, 10:50 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NM:
Of course ... forgot about Denmark! Now that is three choices .... arrrrrg. </font>
just for you, one more choice:
http://www.lego.com/eng/legoland/deu...aboutus&left=1

I can only say that when I visited the Billund one in 1976, it was event of the year for me.
Old Sep 29, 02, 8:11 pm
NM
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by obiwan:
just for you, one more choice:
http://www.lego.com/eng/legoland/deu...aboutus&left=1

I can only say that when I visited the Billund one in 1976, it was event of the year for me.
</font>
Thanks .... I think . More choices. Looks like this one will still be fairly new (about 14 months old) by the time we hit Germany. I will have to a lot more surfing the Lego web site to try to determine the best value for us. Pitty we can't affort to do all four and post a trip report!
Old Dec 18, 14, 10:37 am
Senior Moderator/Moderator: Coronavirus, United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Given the age of this thread, it's best to close it to prevent featuring out-dated information. For reference, here is a current discussion of the topic: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...and-visit.html

Thanks, Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Dec 18, 14 at 11:48 am Reason: Update reason for closing.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: