Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discounts at hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2002, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Discounts at hotels

How do people manage to get some really great deals at hotels? My brother-in-law was able to get the new Sheraton on the Falls in Niagara falls, Canada for $100 USD for the next 3 nights (July 8-11) when no matter where I looked on the websites or called I could not get anything less than $250 USD? What is the secret (he will not share)
Old Jul 8, 2002, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Only thing I can think is either Priceline, Hotwire, or he knows someone who works for Starwood who gave him an inside scoop? I have personally won rooms at the better Sheratons for under $50...
Old Jul 8, 2002, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

And how did you do that? Priceline? I have not tried that yet. Is it pretty reliable? I tried the hotwire but they do not give you the name of the hotel until after you register. Strange.
Old Jul 8, 2002, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Well, go to www.biddingfortravel.com, and that has some great pointers as to how to bid for what you are looking for ... I would recommend that highly! There are plenty of FTers who can't stand the moderator there (I am NOT one of them, incidentally), but it's near unanimous that using the information on that website saves people oodles of dough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.