Wiki Posts
Search

Regent Bangkok or Oriental Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2001, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Location: Kailua, Hawaii. USA - UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Regent Bangkok or Oriental Hotel

Any advice which hotel to stay at? I have stayed at the Oriental 3 years ago and found it to be a little aged. Tremendous service however. Was wondering how the Regent compares.
Old Nov 30, 2001, 8:21 pm

I just returned from BKK and a stay at the Regent. Since I haven't stayed at the Oriental I can't provide a comparison. However, the Regent was very nice. The room was large and the bathroom was hugemongous. The furnishings were new - in fact the entire hotel looks quite updated, clean, and new. The service was very good (the word 'seamless' comes to mind). We were very pleased.

I did stop by the Oriental. I think the basic style of the hotels are a bit different. The Oriental being a bit more old fashioned. The lobby looked good (I only walked though and used the bathroom). I liked the location of the Regent better because of its proximity to the skytrain. From the Oriental you can use their free shuttle boat to reach a skytrain stop, which is still prett convient.

There are reviews of both hotels in the 'rant and rave' section of Fodor's website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.