Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

When are you flying next?

Old Sep 25, 01, 11:56 am
Original Poster

I'm on a plane this Sunday. The hell with Bin Laden and his goons.

I'm not going to let that ******* dictate to me what I can do with my life.

How bout the rest of you?
Old Sep 25, 01, 2:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mdtony:
I'm on a plane this Sunday. The hell with Bin Laden and his goons.

I'm not going to let that ******* dictate to me what I can do with my life.

How bout the rest of you?
</font>
I am winging out to Hartford on Oct. 6 and then Thanksgiving. I echo your sentiment!
Old Sep 25, 01, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UAL Premex
I'm in Rio de Janeiro right now and am flying to CDG/Paris in 5 hours on AF441.

It will be my first flight on an A340 and also on Air France.

I don't plan to change my flying habits because of what has happened....or what may happen in the future.

[This message has been edited by Carioca Canuck (edited 09-25-2001).]
Old Sep 25, 01, 3:28 pm

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

I will continue to fly, but much less. But not out of fear from terrorists. But for so many other reasons. It appears that our government does not want us to fly.

http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...ML/006157.html
Old Sep 25, 01, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G
I have four flights this week, four flights next week, and six flights (including a couple trans-con flights on 767s) a couple weeks later.

I will never be afraid to travel in my country.
Old Sep 25, 01, 3:59 pm

I flew AA LGA to RDU on the 21st; will be returning AA RDU/ORD/HPN on the 31st.
Old Sep 25, 01, 4:55 pm

I will fly again when common sense has the seat across the aisle and NoStressHere is sitting in from of me. The ever increasing list of items banned under the guise of increased "security measures" borders on the ridiculous and I will not buy a ticket nor use my FF miles to support the airlines.

Old Sep 25, 01, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
A week from Friday - I'll see how it goes. If 12,000 miles of flying is unpleasurable in its entirety, I may take the rest of the year off, as I'll have 1K for 2002.

[edited because the author has apparently forgotten what year it really is.)

[This message has been edited by Eastbay1K (edited 09-25-2001).]
Old Sep 26, 01, 12:21 am

Singapore! I'm headed off in 2 weeks for some good food, new sights, sounds and smells for a week.
Old Sep 26, 01, 1:58 am

Tomorrow - London & Amsterdam, and a drive to Wales, we hope. Always wanted to see 'the Village'.

But you know what? When I let myself think about it, I'm terrified. I'm trying to think of it as getting back on the horse again, once I do it the first time, I'll be ok, but right now, I don't know if my partner & I are trying to talk ourselves into or out of going.

Old Sep 26, 01, 9:57 am

Already flew an R/T to YYZ last week, with another one coming up 10/5 (for Canadian Turkey Day), and PHX 10/16.

I just hope they get DCA open again soon as getting out to BWI is a *pain*.

Oh yeah, and a nice birdie for bin Laden.
Old Sep 26, 01, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA LIFETIME GOLD, 1.7MM; HH Diamond
I'm on my way to Hong Kong on Monday via an overnight in SJC. I'm too close to ExP to stop now. I have 82,996 miles and after I get back on 10/8 I'll only need about 1800 to go over 100,000. I'm going to HKG from NRT with a reward ticket in First on CX so I'll only get credit for the miles to NRT. Sure wish AA hadn't dropped the TPE run. It made a wonderful mileage run.

I feel if we all cancel our travel plans the terrorists will have won. That's just my personal feeling on it.

Chris
Old Sep 27, 01, 7:49 am

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
Off to Puerto Rico on the 11th!!!!
Old Sep 27, 01, 9:15 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tigertiger:
Tomorrow - London & Amsterdam, and a drive to Wales, we hope. Always wanted to see 'the Village'.

But you know what? When I let myself think about it, I'm terrified. I'm trying to think of it as getting back on the horse again, once I do it the first time, I'll be ok, but right now, I don't know if my partner & I are trying to talk ourselves into or out of going.

</font>
tigertiger:

Saturday morning I'm off to LHR and I wasn't going to admit being apprehensive about it but, to tell the truth, I am somewhat anxious and have been going through a similar exercise of talking myself into/out of taking the flight. I hope you and your patner decided to go and that you are now enjoying London!
Old Sep 28, 01, 1:42 pm

I flew last week to Vegas, and I must admit, I was definitely scared for the first few minutes of the flight. But we can't let these terrorist attacks make us fearful to fly. The airport crews & security people have been so patient through all of this. kudos to them! Now, I'm going to go ahead with booking flights home for the upcoming holidays.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: