Wiki Posts
Search

Help with RTW Fares

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2001, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, 2 Million Miller
Help with RTW Fares

Does anyone know the name of a travel agent or consolidator who could help some students on honeymoon in December 2001 fly from the West Coast of North America to Rome to Bangkok to West Coast? Cost is a big issue so the cheaper, the better. They could leave from YVR, SEA, PDX, LAX or SFO. Thanks!!!
Old Jul 13, 2001, 3:00 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bescobar:
Does anyone know the name of a travel agent or consolidator who could help some students on honeymoon in December 2001 fly from the West Coast of North America to Rome to Bangkok to West Coast? Cost is a big issue so the cheaper, the better. They could leave from YVR, SEA, PDX, LAX or SFO. Thanks!!!</font>
RTW usually cost the same from an agent and the airline directly. I use staralliance RTW every year, 4000 USD business, 2000 USD economy) 4 continents, any # of flights in one direction. you might want to try http://www.airtreks.com. or all AA/BA/CX etc for a 'oneworld' RTW ticket.

Old Jul 14, 2001, 4:12 am

Since it´s students, you might try Council Travel and/or Sta Travel. They supposedly sell discounted RTW to students for less than the airlines.

They also regularly offer combinations that let you fly to Asia one-way via British Airways (and stop in London) and return direct transpacific, though this can often be expensive.

STA Travel in Germany sells super-cheap RTW tickets ex-Germany on BA and Qantas for $800-$1000 in the off-season (and the one time I bought from them they were willing to UPS the ticket to me in the US) - you could probably buy a $200-300 one-way student ticket to Europe and then get started on the rtw (and throw away the West Coast to Europe bit if you don´t want it). This will require you to travel via Australia or New Zealand though.

Good luck!
Yonatan
Old Jul 15, 2001, 4:54 pm

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
RTW in biz for four grand? That seems cheap to me... I'm about a year away from needing 2 RTW tix, and was thinking of using miles or something. However, if I could pick up business class at that price, I'd probably keep the miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.