Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel's

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2001, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Sofitel's

Has anyone stayed at any Sofitel's. I know that they are maingly a European chain of hotels. They do have a frequnet guest program, maybe it should be listed under the Hotel section on FT. Can you get airlines miles in any US FF programs of in BA's for stayin at a Sofitel. Thanks.
Old Jun 8, 2001, 9:00 pm
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by STAM4NICK:
Has anyone stayed at any Sofitel's. I know that they are maingly a European chain of hotels. They do have a frequnet guest program, maybe it should be listed under the Hotel section on FT. Can you get airlines miles in any US FF programs of in BA's for stayin at a Sofitel. Thanks.</font>

I stayed in the Sofitel in Rome as a freebie for purchasing and picking up my Volvo in Europe. It is very close to the Marriott, Eden Place, Westin, etc. -- great location -- and it has beautiful bedrooms, done in the Napoleonic Empire Style with red drapes and Green marble!

However, I am not sure that there is any US FF tie-in although I seem to recall that maybe American AA can now earn points. Mostly with foreign flagged carriers like AF. It is the only Accor hotel chain where you can earn points/miles.

Old Jun 8, 2001, 11:03 pm

Hello,

I stayed at the Sofitel Pyramids Park in Cairo 6 or 7 years ago. It was a wonderful hotel set on beautiful grounds. The grounds were landscaped with exotic plants, and even had a small zoo! I expect that most if not all of their properties would offer similarly fine accomodations.

I know nothing about any program connections. I would suggest some web searchs and close looks at their own web sites.

JP
Old Jun 9, 2001, 12:38 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
I stayed at the one in Beverly Hills, CA. Arrived at 1am, left at 8am, so I didn't get much of a view of the facilities. However, it was a Priceline hotel stay for $95, and the best available at the desk was about $225. Nice room.
Old Jun 9, 2001, 8:36 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I too have been at the Beverly Hills one, it was closest to our office out there, and the Paris Airport one. Don't know the price in Paris, the airline put us all up there, the meal service was extreamly bad. They treated us like cattle and wouldn't let us use the dining rooms for dinner and breakfast, but the rest was OK. The Beverly Hills one wasn't anything special, but for some reason everybody in the office loved the loaves of french bread they give you on your way out in the morning. We were in the $220 range at the CA one, the desk was offering upgrades for another few dollars.
Old Jun 9, 2001, 10:40 am
Original Poster

"However, I am not sure that there is any US FF tie-in although I seem to recall that maybe American AA can now earn points."

I seem to remember that too, but I cannot find it on AA's or Sofitel's website, but I do think I remember getting a flyer/broshure about it.
Old Jun 9, 2001, 1:28 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
I have stayed at this property in Ho Chi Minh City and it was on par with many 5* hotels. I highly recomend it. No miles or points on a deep discount rate. It truly is a fine hotel..let me know if you need info on the Sofitel in Viet Nam.

------------------
MRKEY
Old Jun 9, 2001, 7:03 pm
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by STAM4NICK:
"However, I am not sure that there is any US FF tie-in although I seem to recall that maybe American AA can now earn points."

I seem to remember that too, but I cannot find it on AA's or Sofitel's website, but I do think I remember getting a flyer/broshure about it.
</font>

Exactly correct. IT isn't on their website, but maybe it is on AA's?

Old Jun 9, 2001, 7:45 pm

Whatever you do don't stay at the Sofitel Den Haag in The Hague, Netherlands. The place is falling apart and has tiny rooms with 25 year old furnishings, wallpaper coming off the walls, etc. They make their money there on the public spaces and the rooms are an afterthought.
Old Jun 10, 2001, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
The Sofitel brand is the Accor group's flagship hotel chain. I've stayed at many Sofitel properties in France and they are usually clean, comfortable and functional. However, they are very "corporate" and lack any personality whatsoever. Some properties are not kept up as well as others. The Sofitel chain reminds me of Sheratons in the US.

However, in the past few years Accor has been spending millions to expand and upgrade, especially abroad. The Sofitel in Vietnam is a top-rate hotel, and the property in Rio is better than most of their properties here in France.

I'm not aware of any tie ins with US carriers for FF miles, though they are partners with Air France (so maybe an angle for Delta?)

[This message has been edited by blairvanhorn (edited 06-10-2001).]
Old Jun 10, 2001, 5:45 am
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by DOC 2 BE:

Exactly correct. IT isn't on their website, but maybe it is on AA's?
</font>
Here is the Link:

http://www.aa.com/summary/sep/partnerspage.html

It is also listed as a partner in the OAG online.

Old Jun 10, 2001, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed at S Bologna for a week. The sewer drain for the five floors above us went through the bedroom/bathroom wall. All night long. could not get moved.

Stayed in the S Florence for a week in Feb a few years back. The heat was not adjustable in the room. Was about 90F. Could not get moved.

Great breakfast in both places.
Old Jun 10, 2001, 9:23 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by DOC 2 BE:
Here is the Link:

http://www.aa.com/summary/sep/partnerspage.html
It is also listed as a partner in the OAG online.

</font>

I was looking in the Members Guide under Partners on the AA website, I never thought to look at AOLAAdvantage stuff.

This is good becuase I have a few Sofitel stays coming up in the Paris area, but what if they won't accept my AAavantage number, should I print this out and prove it to them?

Thanks so much DOC 2 BE.

[This message has been edited by STAM4NICK (edited 06-10-2001).]
Old Jun 11, 2001, 1:28 am

Programs: UA MP:1P for life, TG:Gold, CO:Gold
Just returned to BKK from a very nice weekend stay at the Sofitel Central in Hua Hin (Thailand). In Thailand, the Central group hotels are being rebranded as Sofitels. Here, you can become a Central Gold Card member for 4,000 baht - only 200 baht more than last year (this year's card still reads Central, will be rebranded Sofitel soon). It is a great deal: one night at the BKK flagship hotel free, one night at any upcountry resort free, one dinner free for two or more dining - e.g. 50% discount for (I think that the dining program more than justifies yearly membership in that it works not only in the hotel restaurants, but also in many of the Central dept store restaurants as well).
Old Jun 11, 2001, 6:39 am

I use Sofitel a lot in France and elsewhere and have always been very happy with them.I particularly like the beds which are very comfortable.

The biggest ommission at many is the lack of leisure facilities at most hotels.

They run their own guest loyalty scheme for which you have to purchase(!) a card. The card does also gives permanent reductions off the rack rates which is OK if you have no corporate oomph! You will need to stay at least 10 nights per annum to get your money back.

Strangely the Accor Group does not produce a corporate card a la Holiday Inn etc, so if you have a Sofitel card you do not earn free nights by staying at other hotels in the group ie Novotel.

Sofitel does tend to have a more European feel worldwide given the free movement of emplyees within the Accor group.

On the whole I would recommend the Sofitel chain although judging by the above they are as quirky as any other.

From memory the Accor site is www.accor.com and there are links to the rest of the group

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.