Reload this Page >

Hotel Rituals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Rituals

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2001, 11:31 am

I'm lucky if I can even get IN to the room. Out of every ten stays I guess I have trouble with the key 5 or 6 of these stays, and more than once had to return the NEW key they gave me and get yet another one. And, sometimes the key works ok the first day but stops the second day.

Can't top the above poster (fortunately) but, the last hotel I stayed at, the Westin Regina in Cancun, when I got back after the maid had been in the room, I found: the bathroom sink had been left filled with water; the radio was playing (it took me a few annoyed minutes to figure out how to turn it off and get the TV to work again); A/C was on when I had turned it OFF and it was COLD there, in the 60s/low 70s and the room was FREEZING with the A/C on; there was no hot water; the comforters had been pulled all the way down to the foot of the bed and there were not even any chocolates AND, the coffee "condiment" pack was used and had only two packs of sugar (by the way Starwoodites, this hotel actually charges for in-room coffee but I have yet to see a Hilton or Marriott do so, if there is a next time I am bringing my own!) The net effect was I had to undo everything the maid had done. This is also the hotel where the time share folks were aggressive enough to call my room in the morning! But at least no ax-murderers.

[This message has been edited by CozumelJen (edited 02-08-2001).]
Old Feb 8, 2001, 1:34 pm
GG

tulane85: "How many times have I set the radio to a classical channel in the morning, only to be awakened by the maid's favorite ... music station!"

That makes me crazy. And it's usually the only decent station in an unfamiliar market, and it took me 30 minutes to find it, and then I can't find it again.

I sometimes take drastic measures in such circumstances, including tape on the tuner dial and large warning signs.

[This message has been edited by GG (edited 02-08-2001).]
Old Feb 8, 2001, 2:22 pm

When I am checking the room, there are two things that will make me really happy. 1) to discover a sheet on top of the blanket ... I do not want to come in contact with that thing I fear has not been washed in a long time. Yikes! And 2) hangers with real hooks in the closet.

If I find both of those things, I am a happy camper ... or hotelguester!!
Old Feb 8, 2001, 11:42 pm

Location: WILD ANIMAL PARK (SAN), CA> GOLD-CO, MARRIOTT, HH, STARWOOD, HYATT,
Searching for the evasive Classical radio station is always a nuisance.

Key cards can stop working, if you put them in a pocket with a CREDIT CARD, where they rup together!

------------------
It is never too late to have a HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

BEEP! BEEP!
Old Feb 9, 2001, 8:47 am

check time & set alarm clock. Call for a wake-up call (I need both and don't trust either).

Adjust the air or open the window.

Unpack shaving kit on clean towel in bathroom.

And unless I stay for more than 2 days I don't unpack. I'll usually lay out what I'm going to wear in the morning and pack everthing else the night before (except shaving kit). That way I can usually manage to depart with eveything I brought (+ any unopened freebies)

I stopped leaving my shoes outside the door to be shined many years ago. Anyone know anyplace that still does that?
Old Feb 9, 2001, 3:11 pm

I....

*Always walk around in my socks while in the room, or scoot the bathmat around so I never stand on the tile in the bathroom.

*Get the comforter as far away from me as possible.

*Wipe off the phone and remote control with a spare washcloth. (Hey... didn't you see the "20/20" on hotel room cleanliness a few years ago?)

*Make it COLD and DARK.
Old Mar 15, 2001, 9:30 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
The PENINSULA in BKK actually has a little box you place your shoes in..a lite goes on to tell them. In the morning The BKK Post is in the box- accessable by a little door..kind of like the old milk chute days..very kool!

------------------
MRKEY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.