Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hamburg to Copenhagen by Car

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2001, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Hamburg to Copenhagen by Car

Has anyone made this drive? I'd be interested in hearing both logistical information (especially the concerning the ferry between Puttgarden in Germany and Rødbyhavn in Denmark) - also any interesting places along the way ... thanks!!
Old Mar 12, 2001, 8:02 am

I haven't driven the route but did take a train which rides on the same ferry as the cars(there could be ferries that are cars only). The ferry trip took about 45 minutes.
Old Mar 12, 2001, 8:42 am

I drove this route last summer but took the overland route rather than the ferry as I wanted to see some of Jutland. Along the way I stopped at two interesting spots, Lubeck which was the capital of the Hanseatic League and has lots of Medieval architecture, and Ribe in Denmark which is a charming small town and one of the oldest in the country.

The only other advice I have is to make sure you leave Germany with a full tank of gasoline since fuel prices in Denmark are even more outrageous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.