Airlines with their own terminals in the US

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airlines with their own terminals in the US

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2001, 7:36 am
Original Member

Gotta second Shareholder's recommendation of that book--I saw the exhibit at the Chicago Art Institute and it was superb///book was great too.

jl
Old Mar 6, 2001, 4:56 pm

AA has its own concourse at BNA, and Legend has its own terminal in DAL, Alitalia has Terminal D at BOS and US has the soon-to-be-built Concourse F in PHL for express operations only. AA also has Terminal 4 at LAX for its exclusive use, even though the admirals club there is horrible
Old Mar 6, 2001, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Let's focus...

The question was not intended to be, "What airlines occupy a terminal in its entirety." My question should read, "What airlines had terminals specifically built for their specifications?"

For example, while UA does occupy terminals (6), 7 and 8 at LAX, those terminals are "run of the mill." Other than a bit of interior decorating, they are the same as any other LAX terminals. Same goes for AA/DL at DFW, and DL in ATL.

But UA at ORD is unique, as are the original terminals at JFK.
Old Mar 6, 2001, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)
UA built or heavily remodeled Concourse E at PDX to be entirely UA. The concourse has all the UA and UEx gates, and no others. It has the Red Carpet Club. It has the usual assortment of concessionaires. No other airlines use it, and UA uses no other concourse. Although it is not a separate terminal -- PDX has no separate terminals -- it's effectively the same thing.
Old Mar 6, 2001, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally posted by AtlMan:

Think DL is about to have a new terminal @ TPA in a couple years also.
DL currently does have their own Terminal at TPA (Terminal C) It will be renovated in teh near future, as TPA is in teh process of tearing the terminals down one by one and rebuilding them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.