Wiki Posts
Search

CA Disneyland Ticket Discount?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2000, 3:08 pm
DH
Original Poster

CA Disneyland Ticket Discount?

Is there any ticket discount available for Dinesyland? BTW there are 2 adults and 3 teens in the party.

Thanx in advance.
Old Jul 21, 2000, 6:59 pm

I believe that CA residents can buy tickets in advance at a discount? Anyone back me up on this?
Old Jul 21, 2000, 7:00 pm

True, but then you'd have to show your CA driving license at the gate...
Old Jul 21, 2000, 7:15 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
The program for California residents is generally suspended over the summer months. I believe it ended this year prior to Memorial Day, and if history repeats itself, will pick-up after Labor Day. The price for Southern California residents this past season was about $29.
Old Jul 22, 2000, 3:15 am
Original Member

Single day tickets can be purchased at most Disney Stores with a Magic Kingdom discount card (saves $1-2 per ticket)or without one.

Most local Anaheim hotels sell a three day flex passport for about $72 adult and I believe $99 adult for 5 day flex passport for their hotel guests.
Old Jul 22, 2000, 3:24 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K 3MM
My friend, Susan, just joined the Magic Kingdom club. Memberships are free through places like credit unions, professional organizations and unions (I'm sure there are more places). You get a 5% discount on the Disneyland tickets and you can book through the Disney.com site. You also get discounts off some food places in DL.

We bought the 5 day flex pass since it allows early entry every day, a character breakfast and a choice of one of the tours. The 3 day flex pass only allows one early day and no tour.
Old Jul 22, 2000, 8:51 am

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
And the California discount program is only applicable to residents of SOUTHERN California. Quite discriminatory for those up in the better living North. Maybe they are jealous?
Old Jul 22, 2000, 10:36 am
DH
Original Poster

I forgot to add that visitors are non southern CA residents.

------------------
For money savings ideas & tips check & FF miles bonus for fiance & auto buying check out ValueConsumer.com
Old Jul 22, 2000, 10:43 am

Well, maybe a very nice SoCal FTer will be willing to help you get them?
Old Aug 2, 2000, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is no longer a Magic Kingdom Card discount on any 1 Day Disneyland Ticket no matter where you purchase it. Discounts still apply on Multi-Day passports, however.

And just FYI, Disneyland has just recently changed the "Child" classification from ages 3-11, to ages 3-9. After nine years of age they are now a full priced "Regular" guest (see how clever they are avoiding the word "Adult").
Old Aug 3, 2000, 5:28 pm

Programs: Vanishing
Originally posted by freakflyer:
And the California discount program is only applicable to residents of SOUTHERN California. Quite discriminatory for those up in the better living North. Maybe they are jealous?
Two answers (pick your favorite): (a) You bet we are, or (b) If you can afford to live up there, you can pay full price

No, really. You used to be able to get a discount by showing your AAA membership card. I don't know if it was just Automobile Club of Southern California (there we go again!) or any AAA club.

/Pete
Old Aug 4, 2000, 1:24 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
... having 'abused' personal Flyertalk-friendships and chosen the best company for our last to the mouse I (and Maria = my daughter and Dani her boyfriend too) didn't need any tickets
Old Aug 4, 2000, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Special AAA discounts are limited time promotions and they don't happen every year. There are none at this time. There are also no Southern California Resident discounts during the busy summer season. Sorry.

Rudi, I can't imagine you abusing anyone!
Old Feb 21, 2001, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Bringing this topic back to the top. Any Disneyland deals for 2001?
Old Feb 21, 2001, 6:53 pm

You can get 3 and 4 day passes to Disneyland by using Marriott points, or 4 day passes and package deals by using AmEx points, but I wouldn't say these options give the best "bang for the buck". Checked my local AAA website- no Disneyland passes offered, but I am in NY and it might be worth a call to the local office to see what they offer. The Magic Kingdom Club Card is usually given out free by corporations with a good number of employees. Disney now also offers a Disney Club Card for $39.95 annually that offers Disneyland park discounts. I have found that, especially with the Magic Kingdom Club Card and AAA, the discount is usually only $5 or $6 per ticket. Apparently members of the Military are able to get some better discounts as well.
Let me know if you find any better alternatives, as we'll be hitting Disneyland on our way home from Maui this summer. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.