Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drive Across the USA - One Snapshot Per Mile

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2001, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Drive Across the USA - One Snapshot Per Mile

"Matt Frondorf says he’s so thoroughly an engineer, he even daydreams in straight lines. So when he daydreamed about a drive across America, he saw the trip as a straight line from coast to coast. Matt began his roadside tableau in New York City, where he framed the Statue of Liberty and shot his first photo. Then he headed west to San Francisco on as straight a line as possible, a camera at his side clicking away at precise one-mile increments, for 3,304 miles. When the camera clicked, it captured whatever happened to be on that particular American roadside—a stretch of empty highway, a street in a Midwest town, a used car lot, a herd of Herefords. "

View his one-pic-per-mile movie at http://www.kodak.com/country/US/en/c...ew/index.shtml

My favorite sequence is a thunderstorm on the Great Plains around mile/frame 1730.

Old Feb 8, 2001, 11:02 am

Location: Winnipeg Canada, Cambridge England. CP - EP (R.I.P.) formerly AC-SE now lower than the lowest low.
And People say all the great excentrics are English

My 17 year old daughter wants do do a Road Trip, I'll just point her to this site.

Stewart
Old Feb 8, 2001, 10:33 pm
jet

Programs: UA MM; DL SPG HH Gold
I did a roadtrip when I was a Junior in college with two friends of mine. We started in Illinois and went as far northwest as Mt. St. Helens in Washington, and as far southwest as Oceanside, California. We did route 66 in reverse on the way back. It was probably one of the best travel experiences of my life. Truly, I understand the "call of the road," as they say, as a rite of passage. I am impressed about this guy's page, though... and the concept is certainly intriguing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.