Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Comments Please on London Metropole Hilton (Edgeware Road/Near Paddington)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2000, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I have booked a king room at the London Metropole Hilton on Edgeware Road a few minutes' walk from Paddington Station (Heathrow Express train station). The rates were quite good. The first night came to 74GBP, the second 51GBP and the third night 105GBP. The dates are December 16 through 19 for three nights.

How is this hotel? I notice there are many "Hiltons" in London and also that many are not really Hiltons but that they are merely affliated with Hilton. Will I earn Hilton HHonors pointsand United Airlines FF mileage by double dipping?

I also have a coupon for a free room upgrade to the best available free room. What can I hope to receive?

Thanks!
*HIghFlyah*

------------------
"Fly High, Fly and STAY *UNITED* - that's the only way to do it."
Old Dec 10, 2000, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm interested as well, as I'm scheduled to stay at this property in April.
Old Dec 11, 2000, 2:44 am

I would be interested to know. I'm booked to arrive 19 Dec for one night!. I was suprised at the rates available on the Hilton site. I'm attending a dinner at the hotel and expected the rate to be higher at this time of the Year. I guess the rail problem is putting off UK domestic visitors still. The hotel is great for access to/from Paddington.
Old Dec 11, 2000, 11:07 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Silver, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
all the hiltons in london "are" hiltons in a technical sense with regards to branding, etc. However several of them are former Stakis properties. Unfortunately some of these , the Green Park Hilton being one, are not up to the normal hilton standards.

having said this, the metropole is a relatively decent property. i feel that the rooms there are somewhat larger than the other hiltons in london. overall for the price i would say you will be satisfied. keep a copy of the reservation b/c i have experienced a problem in getting the correct rate at check out a few times.

there's also a recent thread in the hilton forum where the metropole was discussed.

Old Dec 11, 2000, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I stayed at the Metropole quite a bit during the spring and summer of 1999. It was still considered a Stakis property at the time although Hilton had just acquired them. I found the rooms to be smallish (not unusual in London) and the A/C quite poor (probably not a problem in December). However, be sure to insist that your room is situated in the newer part of the hotel. Rooms in the older section were really quite shabby.
Old Dec 11, 2000, 4:11 pm

Please see my post and others at:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/000773.html

In addition, there has got to be a zillion posts on this hotel in particular and London Hiltons in general. Just do a search on "Metropole" and you will get quite a list!

Mac

------------------
Via con Dios!
Old Dec 11, 2000, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
I think it's fair, by London hotel standards, to describe the Metropole as a "First Class" hotel, but not "Deluxe".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.