Wiki Posts
Search

somplace warm from London?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2000, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond
somplace warm from London?

Can anyone suggest a warm locale with beaches that is not too difficult or expensive to reach from London? I'd like to combine a brief excursion to London with several days somewhere warmer during the third week of January. Where do you Brits go for sun in the winter months anyway?

Thanks for your help.
Old Dec 5, 2000, 3:16 pm

Location: WILD ANIMAL PARK (SAN), CA> GOLD-CO, MARRIOTT, HH, STARWOOD, HYATT,
I think one of the places is the Spanish Riviera. Torremolinos and that area. Very reasonable.
Old Dec 5, 2000, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hear Tenerife (sp?) is nice-n-cheap according to 2 nice chaps in London last week.
Old Dec 5, 2000, 5:52 pm

From London I have taken winter breaks in Morocco, Sharm el Sheik (Egypt, on the Red Sea), and particularly Cyprus. Malta and Madeira also, although they may not be warm enough for you (no swimming in the winter).

No offense, Roadrunner, but one of the most horrible and depressing places I've ever been was Torremolinos and environs.

If you want the Spanish Riviera, pick a more upscale spot like Marbella. More expensive, but nicer by orders of magnitude.

[This message has been edited by Kitty Hawk (edited 12-05-2000).]
Old Dec 6, 2000, 8:11 am

We go to Florida!! and my favourite place Siesta Key! From the UK many go to Tenerife where the weather is pretty constant. Go to the south of the island in Playa Las Americas. Puerto de la Cruz in the North can often be shrouded in cloud. If you go to the western med you will find the weather can be somewhat variable unless you go to southern Spain or Tunisia.
Old Dec 9, 2000, 4:50 pm

It's so hit and miss -- I've been in Cannes in January and got a good tan lying on the beach--but I've also been there other times and almost froze(no beach days then). I don't think any place in Europe can be depended upon for warm "beach" weather in December or January--a much further trek is needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.