Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

key west hotel for $50-100 for 1 nite...possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2000, 9:18 am
Original Poster

i will have a car, and need the room for just one nite. doesn't have to be near a beach. i arrive late and leave early. it's for this monday night. i did a search and most hotels were over $100.

thanks.
Old Nov 10, 2000, 9:35 am
Suspended

What night are you talking about and do you care if the hotel is "gay" or "straight"?
Old Nov 10, 2000, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

i arrive monday, nov. 13. i didn't know there were choices like that. i just need an inexpensive room. i will probably go right to sleep...
Old Nov 10, 2000, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Take care--the cheaper the hotel, the more likely it is to be inhabited by noisier guests.

A Monday in the middle of November shouldn't be too bad.
Old Nov 10, 2000, 4:50 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Finding something for less $ 80.00 bucks is tough in EYW... and should be considered to be a bargain.

However, you might try Days Inn which runs about $ 63.20... for the date you've selected:
www.daysinn.com
Old Nov 10, 2000, 5:10 pm

Why don't you try Priceline, so you seem to be flexible...
Old Nov 10, 2000, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Because of your late in/early out, I suggest the Fairfield or Hampton out on Roosevelt Blvd. At least you would get status credit for one of the major hotel groups. The Courtyard just openned after being purhcased and refurbished by Marriott.

Other alternatives close in to Duval St and the party scene are the Island City House, Key Lime Inn and the Southernmost Motel. Call them direct for rates.

If you only eat one meal in KW, go to Blue Heaven. It's a very funky, cool place with the best jerk chicken in the known universe. Other good (and cheap) eats are El Siboney (take #1 on the menu-roast Cuban pork) and PT's (a locals place with great fresh fish).

If you have any questions about the night scene or anything else about KW, ask away. I just got back from my 5th trip there in 3 years.
Old Nov 15, 2000, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Just got back froma trip to the Keys last night. Also picked up the Florida Travel Saver Guide.

If available, these motels are claiming to offer the following rates until the high season starts on the X'mas weekend:

Travelodge Suites $69
El Rancho Motel $32.50
Pegasus International $79
El Patio $62

See my trip report:
Old Nov 15, 2000, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Just got back froma trip to the Keys last night. Also picked up the Florida Travel Saver Guide.

If available, these motels are claiming to offer the following rates until the high season starts on the X'mas weekend:

Travelodge Suites $69
El Rancho Motel $32.50
Pegasus International $79
El Patio $62

Would second the Priceline suggestion if you have an AmEx card.

See my trip report:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/001353.html

[This message has been edited by terenz (edited 11-15-2000).]
Old Nov 25, 2000, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the suggestions. i stayed at the hampton inn -- $94 a nite which included the 11% florida tax. breakfast and a newspaper included, and i got AA miles.
Old Nov 30, 2000, 8:23 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Only a 15 minute drive from Key West, but well worth the drive is the funky Mangrove Mama's, located @ mile marker 17-18.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.