Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tampa &SFO Airport Hotel Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2000, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Tampa &SFO Airport Hotel Recommendations

Making a quick Friday - Monday trip IAD-TPA-SFO-BWI and I need one night in Tampa and 2 in SFO . I could possibly stay somewhere between SFO and Stockton. Help!
Old Oct 23, 2000, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Are you looking for price? location? activity? You may be able to get a reasonable weekend rate in SF downtown (or maybe not...) but probably not for too much more than an airport hotel will cost near SFO. Also, if you stay outside of SF downtown, you will NEED a car, which will go into the formula of cost.
Old Oct 24, 2000, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Comfort is important. I am visiting colleges with my daughter and I will have to have a car in the Bay Area. We arrive at SFO at 9 PM Saturday evening and must be in Stockton the next morning for a day of campus tours, then we leave from SFO on Monday at 1 PM. Perhaps there is someplace between SFO and Stockton- Suggestions are welcome- we may have to miss the city this time. Since we are travelling so much in such a short time, I am looking for ease and comfort.

------------------
Old Oct 24, 2000, 6:57 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I've always liked the Hyatt at SFO!
Old Oct 24, 2000, 8:14 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
I have been at the Tampa Airport Marriott in the past month. It is fine (a regular nice Marriott). It is an indoor walk through the terminal, and the bellperson will take your luggage all the way to the airline check-in counter.
Old Oct 24, 2000, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks- I will call Hyatt and Marriot and hopefully be able to use some coupons in SFO.

------------------
Old Oct 24, 2000, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Are you a Hilton HHonors member? If so, you could pick up your car and drive through San Francisco, across the Bay Bridge to Livermore. The trip at that time of night takes about an hour as there's not a whole lot of traffic (and the view of The City is spectacular). Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Livermore and from there it's about an hour to Stockton (UOP, right?). You can sleep in a little longer that morning. http://www.hilton.com/hiltongardenin...HGI/index.html
Old Oct 24, 2000, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I'd then recommend something down I-580, perhaps around Pleasanton. Many major chains have properties, with attractive weekend rates, and its not too far from Stockton. You can even stop and go wine tasting in Livermore right nearby. SFO airport area hotels can be priced steeply, even on the weekend if demand is high, and many now charge for parking.
Old Oct 24, 2000, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks, Nanook and Eastbay1K . I am a Hilton Honors Member. We are going ti UofP and if you have info on the college that would be great also. as for Pleasontan, I stayed there last Feb. at the Hilton, which was ok. I think getting some of the drive out of the way on Saturday night would be a good idea, butI worry about the trip to SFO on MOnday 11AM.

------------------
Old Oct 24, 2000, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Nanook, FYI, I called the Livermore Hilton and was told that the property is closed. Thanks for the prompt response.

------------------
Old Oct 24, 2000, 8:21 pm
BIM

Agree with recommendation for Tampa Marriott, and also would suggest Hyatt Bayshore, nearby. At all costs, avoid Westin SFO!
Old Oct 24, 2000, 8:43 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

BIM meant to say the Tampa Hyatt Regency Westshore. It's across a freeway from the airport. Make sure to get a room with a view of the runways!

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop
Old Oct 24, 2000, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

I appreciate all your help. I will avoid the Westin SFO- I checked it out once before nad it is overpriced and crummy.

------------------
Old Oct 25, 2000, 9:11 am
BIM

MileageAddict - Thank you for the correction. The bay view is also very nice!
Old Oct 25, 2000, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Oops! Sorry naxos for leading you astray. I got that info off the Hilton website...I guess they need to update it. Did you call Hilton Garden Inn in Livermore, or just the Hilton, because Garden Inns are a sort of new product for Hilton.
Regarding getting to SFO by 11 a.m. on Monday...is your flight at 11 or do you need to check in for your flight by 11?
With the morning traffic on all the Bay Area Bridges, I'd opt to drive back to SFO and stay somewhere overnight near the airport. Plenty of comfortable overnight options there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.