Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tips on Greece, Sicily, and Tunisia?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2000, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Tips on Greece, Sicily, and Tunisia?

Do any of you seasoned Travelers have any advice on traveling to Greece, Sicily, and Tunisia? (Things to do, things to see, general advice, etc.)
I'm leaving next week for a honeymoon and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2000, 11:49 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
What cities will you be visiting and how long will you be in each place?

Assuming you're visiting Athens and are planning to go to the Acropolis, go first thing in the morning before the crowds and bus loads arrive. Last I was there it was also possible to walk up to it through a twisty path through some old neighborhoods - a far more scenic approach than arriving from where the buses unload.

Assuming you have time, get out to some of the islands. Paros, Folegandros, Serifos and Santorini are among my favorites. If I could only go to one, I would go to Santorini (Thera). Very romantic restaurants to sit, relax and enjoy the views and also chance to see well-preserved ancient ruins of Akrotiri.

Congratulations and have a wonderful trip.

[This message has been edited by letiole (edited 10-24-2000).]
Old Oct 24, 2000, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I posted an extensive trip report on Sicily.
www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/001019.html

I didn't go to the other places you mentioned, but we spent 10 days driving around Sicily. Hope this helps, have a great time, let me know if I can give you any other comments about Sicily.
Old Oct 24, 2000, 1:36 pm

Tunisia: Tunis, Sidi Bou Said (?) - small town near Tunis known for the old houses with blue shutters and Carthage - roman ruins.
And may be trip to/in the desert, which I have not done.

Sicily: Taormina and nearby Gorges of Alcantara (river was running through hot lava building the gorges). Vulcano Aetna. I have not seen Palermo - people say it is nice.
BTW, just read in a newspaper that the Mafia controlled Univerity of Messina is selling a Ph.D. (Dr.maf.) for under $ 35,000.

Have a nice trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.