Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Golf on Maui

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2000, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Golf on Maui

My wife and I have award tickets for Maui in April. We want to play a lot of challenging golf while there, but neither has been to that island. How do you folks feel about the various courses and difficulty?

My wife is a 15 handicap from the white tees (apporx. 6000 yds) and I'm an 8-10 from the blues (6400+ yds), so we like to play courses that are a little more difficult than most of the Oahu courses we've seen in the past.

Scott
Old Oct 23, 2000, 4:47 pm
Original Member

You'll want to play the Kapalua courses. I think the Plantation is the hardest. Then the Village course.

Staying at the following resorts give resort rates: Kapalua Bay (Starwood), Kapalua Villas (condo), Ritz Carlton @ Kapalua.

You might want to check out the golf packages given by each property as they offer unlimited golf in April. If not, after playing a round, think about the replay rate which is quite reasonable.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 23, 2000, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The Wailea courses are pretty awesome. They have the easy, medium and hard choices. I recommend playing them in that order. The easy one has tremendous views. The only thing easy about the first one is that the fairways are very wide. The greens can still be tough and there are traps.
Old Oct 23, 2000, 9:15 pm
E

I agree with the above...I played Kapalua Plantation back in 1997 and it is a MUST play on the island. We also played the Makena North course, and it was solid as well, but their South course plays right down to the ocean. I've heard that the Wailea courses are also a great challenge. Don't bother with the Kaanapali courses, they looked to be in very poor condition and not much of a challenge compared to the other island courses.

Another great money-saving tip...ask what time their "twilight" rates start and book the first available time (usually around 2pm). You'll be able to get in 18 easily...and the golf will be HALF PRICE!!!

Enjoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.