Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Calling all Priceline Users...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2000, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Calling all Priceline Users...

I am doing research on Priceline and want to get in touch with folks who have recently made winning bids for upcoming trips (July and August).

If you are interested in sharing your itinerary, please reply here, or email me directly at [email protected].

Thanks.
Old Jul 11, 2000, 2:27 pm

Hotel or flight?
Old Jul 11, 2000, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Sorry for the confusion. I'm pretty exclusively interested in flights.
Old Jul 11, 2000, 4:41 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
Just Priceline, Or Expedia also?
Old Jul 17, 2000, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Primarily Priceline, although if you have something about Expedia you think is important, please include it. Thanks.
Old Jul 17, 2000, 9:33 am

A friend of mine had an interesting experience using Priceline. He wanted a RT ticket from SJC to Detroit for his parents who wanted to spend a couple of months with his brother. Regular advance purchase tickets have a 30 day max limit; as a result his tickets were not pricing at less than $500. His dates and airine choice were very flexible. However he got tickets on United for about $320 on Priceline.

I guess Priceline is going to be useful for travel arrangements which do not fit well into the US airlines' current definition of leisure travel. My friend sure was glad to get the tickets on United at a discount. The only downside is that most Priceline tickets do not contribute your FF account.

On another occasiion, my Brother in Law was able to book JFK-SFO RT for four at $250 each on TWA via Priceline. This too was atleast $75 less than the lowest published fare. The savings really added up when multiplied by 4. He is not a frequent traveller so he did not care much about the miles (this was in the time when miles expired in 2-3 years).
Old Jul 17, 2000, 12:57 pm

I personally don't like the fact that I can't ask for particular times in the day. Also, if you are flying on a Priceline ticket, woe betide if you need to make any changes. You are at the bottom of the priority list, and the airline representatives manage at least one long suffering and resigned "Oh, this is a Priceline ticket!" It almost seems like they have been told that these are worse than freebie tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.