hotel in manhattan this wknd.. need help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2000, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast

should i go to expedia or priceline?
what should i expect for a bid of $130.00?

found web wknd special for : crowne plaza, intercontinental, marriott courtyard... all in the $180 to $220's
grand hyatt for $169.00

any sugestions? thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2000, 12:32 am

I was at the Crowne Plaza last week working and they were offering a $139 "Summer Options" rate, though it sounds as they may have sold out already, based on your findings.

The hotel is ok, right on Broadway, a block or so from Times Square, so it's a decent location, however, the rooms are a little dated. You might want to call the Crowne Plaza directly and ask for this rate, it includes a number of bonuses, such as room upgrades, additional points, free breakfast etc.
Old Jun 21, 2000, 8:07 am

The Millennium Hilton, located downtown by the World Trade Center, sometimes runs "summer weekend specials" for about $130-150. I don't know if they're offering anything, but you might just want to call them directly and ask (212) 693-2001. It's a very nice hotel, so I hope they have something for you. Also, the Sheraton Towers in midtown sometimes has summer specials. Good luck
Old Jun 21, 2000, 8:16 am

Location: Tampa, FL, AA EP, DL PM, UA 1K, SPG PL, MRIOT PL, HYT DMND, IC 6CC EX
I was at the IC New York (not the Central Park South one) this past Sunday and Monday.

They had great rates for the Sunday night, but typical-New York exhorbant rates for the Monday night.

So if you'll be strictly weekend, the rate shouldn't be too bad. Plus, it's a great hotel!
Old Jun 21, 2000, 8:16 am

Location: Tampa, FL, AA EP, DL PM, UA 1K, SPG PL, MRIOT PL, HYT DMND, IC 6CC EX
I was at the IC New York (not the Central Park South one) this past Sunday and Monday.

They had great rates for the Sunday night, but typical-New York exhorbant rates for the Monday night.

So if you'll be strictly weekend, the rate shouldn't be too bad. Plus, it's a great hotel!
Old Jun 21, 2000, 8:59 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I used www.biztravel.com for a trip last weekend and got a special price (in Bend, OR where life is cheap!) of $40 for a room that everyone else checking in paid $65 for.
Old Jun 21, 2000, 9:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
This is Pride Week, so this is going to be a tight weekend in Manhattan in the low to middle price range.

I wouldn't recommend Priceline--you may not get any bites (at least nothing that you would consider good value for your bid). Looking through normal booking engines, I can't find many bites below 200 USD.

I would advise that if you can still get the Grand Hyatt, then take it.
Old Jun 21, 2000, 12:37 pm

check quickbook.com-sometimes they have larger selection/better rates.
Old Jun 21, 2000, 3:49 pm

I agree. Quikbook has great rates, and you don't have to prepay. They actually go through the hotel.

It's www.quikbook.com
Old Jun 21, 2000, 6:07 pm
In memoriam

There have been winning bids for weekend stays in Midtown this month for around $100/night through Priceline when bidding 3*. The two hotels that came up on these three winning bids were the Sheraton Hotel & Towers and the Park Central. Obviously, that's no assurance that you will get one of those two hotels, but that's what we've seen over the past couple of weeks. If you decide to go that route, you will find a lot of very useful info. at the board I host to discuss bidding at http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

Be sure to read the Bonus Money category as there are currently two free offers. I'll be happy to suggest a bidding strategy if you post to the board and provide the information requested in the Hotel FAQ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.