Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Hotels fully booked in Montreal 17-18JUNE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2000, 11:01 am
Original Poster

I was just checking room availability in Montreal for 17-18 June but it looks like every major hotel is fully booked. Is some event scheduled on this date? Does anyone know? I may have to change my travel plans.
Old May 23, 2000, 12:43 pm

The Formula 1 Grand Prix is taking place that weekend.
Old May 23, 2000, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

SMessier,

Thanks!
Old May 23, 2000, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
If you can stay a little way out of downtown, the Hilton Laval is showing availability. I don't know anything about the hotel or how (in)convenient it would be for your plans, but might be worth checking out.
Old May 24, 2000, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Thank you, JerryFF. I just checked the Hilton but it looked like they, too, were sold out when I checked it. It will be a short overnight stay, so if only I could get a room at an airport hotel.

I exercised my SPG Platinum status benefit and got a room with Le Centre Sheraton for a rather expensive rate of CD324++.

I was told that two Four Points properties -- one of them near the airport -- had a special event blackout period and I cannot get a room with them even if I am a Plat.

Le Centra Sheraton doesn't have that blackout. Strange, given that Le Centre is not that far from the Four Points in downtown -- if I remember the geography of the town correctly.
Old May 29, 2000, 10:57 am
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
The one in Laval is very far away from the downtown and even from the airport. The hotels are usually fully booked in June because of the varies events going on in Montreal, such as the graduation convocations, grand prix, and some other conventions. Moreover, there will be many tour coming during the summer, and many hotels have blocked a lot of rooms for them. Le Sheration and the FourPoint are some of them.
Old Jun 7, 2000, 9:01 pm

Try www.priceline.com You probably won't get any points, but if you bid for a 3*** property in downtown Montreal, you'll probably get the Marriott Reanaissance Parc. I got it for $45 USD per night during the FAQ.
Check Sheryl's great Priceline website for info, strategies and bonus money that will increase your bid at no cost to you. http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.