Wiki Posts
Search

City Pass offers you discounts on attractions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2000, 6:16 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

City Pass offers you discounts on attractions

This might be a good idea if you have family or friends coming to town who have a short time to tour and just wnat to hit the major attractions.. Plus save a few $$$

You buy a City Pass at one of the attractions offered as a discount.

(In New York: it's at the World Trade Center Observation Deck, Empire State Building, Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum. Museum of Natural History's Rose Observatory, Museum of Modern Art and the Guggenheim (perhaps with the Met my favorite museum.)

The NYC version costs $36 bucks. It says you save 50 percent because all admissions to the attarctions listed above are included in the fee.

It's also available for: San Francisco, Boston, Chicago (Think that's new) and Hollywood (why for plastic city?)

You can get more information at www.citypass.net

Old Jun 6, 2000, 5:28 pm
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
The San Francisco version ($33.25) now includes a 7-day MUNI Passport (which sells for $15 on its own). San Francisco is notoriously automobile-unfriendly!

Oh, and it's "famous" attractions, not "major" ones. Of course, if you really like stuffy old museums, this may be for you.

Also, add Philadelphia and Seattle to the list of cities.
Old Jun 6, 2000, 5:45 pm

Sorry, Catman, but I believe the New York version is only a $32.

Also, Some NYC hotels have a package deal available with the CityPass. We took advantage of this recently at The Avalon. It was a 2-night weekend deal, and even if you toss the CityPass books, it's cheaper than their normal rate. Extra days can be added for an even better price.

An added bonus: They participate in AmEx's Online Extras program, so you can get up to 20% off your stay.

Quite possibly the best bang for your hotel buck in the city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.