Search

WHY live is better than computer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2000, 8:11 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

WHY live is better than computer

It may have been discussed before but I feel like going on my soap box:

[b] THE VALUE OF HUMAN CONTACT FOR RESERVATIONS INSTEAD OF INTERNET TICKETING [B]

Thursday I had three ticket issues to take care of.. and it was terrific to have actual PEOPLE to talk to:

*Check on using confirmable upgrades with United: Two very friendly angels at the World Trade Center U-A Office (who know me and always help) Even more so to hear "all your upgrades have cleared MR. Blanchard.
*Re-ticket my AA flights for Cancun to do the upgrade. Fran at the ticket office apologized for taking time but all three smiled when I said I prefer the human contact.
*Checking on Houston Ticket prices and getting printed list from the CO counter for Agnes. Again two very live and friendly people.

The same goes for phone reservations. For United I feel more confortable getting my upgrades thru hearing a live voice instead of trusting to a computer.

My Point: I hope the airlines keep these ticket and reservation offices. It's nice to see a smile and a friendly face instead of an automated monotone computer.

Old Apr 22, 2000, 7:44 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
100%
Old Apr 22, 2000, 7:49 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I agree. I get both. I make a reservation on the internet just to get a locator. I than call the appropirate customer servive and can make whatever changes I want and still get the bonus.
Old Apr 22, 2000, 7:56 am
geo1004

Same here.

I make reservations online for the booking bonus and then make any changes (seat assignments, upgrades, etc.) by calling the service center... best of both worlds.

Old Apr 22, 2000, 1:09 pm

ditto...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.