Wiki Posts
Search

Any ideas for fun/safe March '00 trip?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2000, 12:25 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Any ideas for fun/safe March '00 trip?

I have a few weeks off and was looking to go somewhere. A friend offered to go with me. A few ideas came to mind...New York City, Key West, Miami, London, Seattle/Vancouver in this month...

Any ideas on places that would be fun/safe for two gals to go to? How about Key West or Florida?
Old Mar 7, 2000, 6:52 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
If I recall correctly, you're on the left coast, no? If so, my recommendation would be BKK. It's a long way to go, but so much to do when you get there and SO CHEAP that you could stretch your money for the whole time you are off.

Unless you are currently in a college fraternity, you might find key west a little roudy and crude (kind of like new orleans in flip-flops).

You'll never be at a loss in NYC or London.

I am green with envy at your choices and your ability to enjoy them!
Old Mar 7, 2000, 10:52 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
sggolf,

You didn't really say what you wanted to do during your trip, but right now AA (and I am sure most of the other airlines as well) is having a pretty good sale on the web to most destinations in Europe. You can get to Europe from NY for less than $300 and from Los Angeles for about $347. Probably get in some pretty good touring. Maybe even able to play a few rounds of golf with such cheap airfares.

Unless you want to fight the crowds (and pay the high prices), I would try and stay away from the potential spring break and/or mardi gras locations (New Orleans etc.).

Old Mar 7, 2000, 5:15 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks kokonutz and onedog...definitely want to stay out of the spring break areas.

Probably want to do some sightseeing, shows, relaxing, shopping, dinners, etc. Its been about 8 years since my last trip to NY but I've never seen London.

How's the weather in London in late march? Any ideas of safe/reasonably priced places to stay in London?

Old Mar 8, 2000, 2:46 am
Original Member

The weather will be... variable. reasonably warm (55 ish). Expect it to rain quite a bit (showers). Don't expect to go home with a tan
Old Mar 8, 2000, 5:08 am
Commander Catcop

Well if you come to NYC (which has become safer in recent years...) There is this tour guide who has been "hired" by Flyertalkers to show them around. And from what I hear he's pretty good at his job.

Just don't mind the cat hair.

As for London: get a good guidebook and PLAN out your itinerary esp. if you are there for a short time. It's a large area and if you can break down what you want to see you can enjoy your sites without exausting yourself.
Old Mar 8, 2000, 6:20 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
America West announced a $229 RT sale fare SFO-JFK in the weekly Surf 'n Go specials. Can't beat that.
http://www.americawest.com/specials/sp_emailfares-e.asp

Well, interestingly, the sale fare was in my weekly e-mail from America West but not on their web site. I don't know what gives, maybe it's already sold out, but if you're interested and want me to forward you the e-mail, send me a private e-mail.

[This message has been edited by dgolds (edited 03-08-2000).]
Old Mar 8, 2000, 12:48 pm

I don't know your departure location however, I just booked 2 tickets to Milan, Italy from BOS at a very low rate using Alitalia. It is by far one fo the most beautiful places in the world. Good luck!
Originally posted by sggolf:
I have a few weeks off and was looking to go somewhere. A friend offered to go with me. A few ideas came to mind...New York City, Key West, Miami, London, Seattle/Vancouver in this month...

Any ideas on places that would be fun/safe for two gals to go to? How about Key West or Florida?
Old Mar 8, 2000, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
CO has a special to LGW for mid-March to early April that can be booked only via their site. $216 exc. taxes from EWR, $470 in,. taxes from SEA
Old Mar 8, 2000, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
If you are heading for London, you may want to check out http://www.travelinn.co.uk/index2.html for inexpensive lodging. I have never stayed there myself(when I am in London for business, I get to stay at the Marriott County Hall )They have a facility located in the old London County Hall where Marriott also has a hotel. This building is located right across the river from Parliament and next to the London Eye. From what I understand, for location, hard to beat for the price. If I ever travel to London on my own dime, I would definately give this a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.