Wiki Posts
Search

Website for unbiased opinion of hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2000, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Website for unbiased opinion of hotels?

Does anyone know where I can find an unbiased opinion of hotels? Instead of spending money buying travel guides, I would like to find a website that gives me a detailed description of hotels. Right now, I am looking for hotels in the Caribbean but the descriptions I find are vague.
Old Feb 5, 2000, 9:33 pm
Original Member

You don't list an e-mail address, so I don't know who your provider is. One of the primary reasons I stay on AOL is the incredible amount of first-hand information like this availabe only on the AOL travel boards. Thousands of messages for any particular destination, and virtually immediate answers to almost any question I have posed on the travel boards. But, if you are not AOL, you are out of luck.
Old Feb 5, 2000, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
I agree about the AOL travel boards. The people on those boards are as good as any guidebook, especially the secret Francophile Board.
There are so many places on the web where you can get info, but you have to invest some time. Both Fodors and Frommers have websites. Travel & Leisure and Conde Nast Traveler magazines have websites. Also, try Lonely Planet, Time Out and the travel sections of major newspapers--NY Times, LA Times, SF Chronicle, SJ Mercury News, etc. Once you're at the site, just do a search of the hotel or city of interest and you'll have plenty to choose from. It takes time to sort through the garbage, but most of the time you can find a gem. Or ask on this board--lots of well-travelled people with opinions. Happy searching.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.