Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

How do i get miles by paying mortgage/Power?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2000, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

i currently have a Chase visa that earns dollar for dollar miles and is only $25/yr. I could easily get a lot more miles by paying our mortgage, home phone, cellular, power & water, car payment... you get the idea. I tried the online billpaying services and the only one i found that would allow for the money to come from a cc and not a checking account is X.com. They will only let you deposit $500 from CC. (that is better than nothing, 6000 more miles a year that way.) i have also used checks provided by CHase on occasion, but they charge the same as cash advance service (2%, ouch). I even considered getting new cards several times and using those consolidation checks they send you, then moving the balance to the Chase card (actaully did theis once, and Chase said they would eventually charge me 2% again for big balance transfers).
Am i just that **** stingy to part with the almighty greeenback, or am i simply making good use of an excellent opportunity to cart my family around the world for free?
I know you guys have this figured out already so i would love for you to share your plethora of beneficial advice with a newbie! Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.