Wiki Posts
Search

Ground Transportation to Dulles - DC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2000, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Ground Transportation to Dulles - DC

I'm looking for suggestions to and from Dulles in Washington DC. I stopped taking the SuperShuttle when one driver fell asleep at the wheel and another started shouting obscenities at other drivers. I'll use a cab when time is short and money isn't but it's always a hassle from downtown to Dulles. How's the Flyer bus service or the Metro to West Falls Church? Other options?

Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2000, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Hans - I imagine that the biggest hassle you have getting from the District to Dulles on the roads is the 10 or so mile stretch inside the Beltway on 66 which is awful much of the time during the day. However, once you get there, there is smooth sailing to the airport on the Access Road. The bus from West Falls Church Station is not too bad, but it is just a bus and the connection from the Metro is frequently clumsy.

Try this - Take the Orange line to West Falls Church to get around the road traffic and from there pick up a cab to Dulles to take advantage of the lightly traveled Access Road. That would very likely be the fastest way to go in rush hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.