Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

long term parking at LAX

long term parking at LAX

Old Dec 17, 99, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

long term parking at LAX

Thought I read something about this awhile back, but was unable to find anything with the search function.

I will be leaving my car at LAX for two weeks, does anyone have any suggestions as to where to park it.

Info on pricing per day, whether they take AmEx and how easy it is to go to and from the airport would be appreciated.

Thanks,

the scribbler
Old Dec 18, 99, 10:21 am
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
I usually park at the Carbarn next to the Hilton. It is covered parking for $10.00 a day but you can print a coupon from their website for a $2.00 per day. They have a free shuttle, dry cleaning, car service, fax machine, etc. www.aceparking.com

I was also told that the Hilton next door has a deal for one night stay and 7 days of parking for $150.00.

Good Luck
Old Dec 18, 99, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Hacienda Hotel on Sepulveda has a Park 'N Fly deal for one night and 7 days parking for about $89 depending on Capacity Control. They probably have a suppliment if you want to park 2 weeks. It's not a fancy place to stay though. Lot'sa tour groups here.
Old Dec 18, 99, 11:42 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
If you are leaving it for two weeks, want covered parking, and don't mind paying $10+ a day, the Hilton is fine too. I've parked there. You can also try Park One (right next to Terminal 1 ...about $13 a day with tax uncovered), WallyPark(covered www.wallypark.com ). You can get uncovered parking though, for as cheap as $5 a day out at Lot B in the Airport Parking Area. It just depends upon how much you want to pay. Try visiting http://www.airwise.com/airports/us/LAX/index.html
Old Dec 18, 99, 12:44 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Platinum & MM; AA dirt; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold; & some other useless titles
The Auto Club of Southern Calif. (AAA) has a promotion with Airport Center Parking, next to the Crowne Plaza. Show your card and pay $7.50 including tax, for indoor parking.

Address is 5959 Century, and you can enter also from 96th Street. Phone # is (310) 641-7275.

[This message has been edited by Craig6z (edited 12-18-1999).]
Old Dec 18, 99, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys for the advice and options.
Old Dec 19, 99, 3:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Great information, BUT FOR THE REALLY CHEAP WAY leave your car at the East end of the Blueline FREE FREE FREE Then take the Blueline to the Airport (will almost) for under $2 (or for you less honorable readers free unless you get caught...honor system). Then you catch a free bus for the last mile or so. Reverse the process to get back to your car. NOTE there are probably other stations that allow you to park for free, this is just the only one that I have used.
Old Dec 19, 99, 9:14 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
ranles,

I think the GreenLine goes towards LAX while the BlueLine goes from LB to LA. I live in LB and have thought about using the lines but since the company pays for the parking, I choose to drive to LAX and park.

Old Dec 20, 99, 9:28 am
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Sorry, guess I am colored blind. The fact remains that this is about the cheapest way to go.

When Les and I travel out of LAX that long we take the cab ($35 flat rate, Your Local Cab Company) from our house in Downey. About the same price is Prime time, AAA discount. These prices are one way and may or may not be the same from your area. No sweat about your car being dinged or the battery, tires or whatever being a problem when you get back.

I agree that the car barn is a great way to go when you do not pay. Had you said that you get reimbursed and did not therefore care much about the cost, then lots of these nice people would not have taken their time to waste giving you advice. Or maybe I missed what is your goal.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: