Wiki Posts
Search

US Immigration / Customs Clearance in Ireland

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 1999, 8:35 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

US Immigration / Customs Clearance in Ireland

I gather that passengers leaving Ireland on Aer Lingus go through US immigration and customs in Dublin or Shannon prior to leaving Ireland. Is this just for Aer Lingus or does it apply to other transatlantic carriers operating out of there too - CO and DL are the only ones that come to mind.

Just curious because it sounds like a nice convenience. Does this mean that US carriers would arrive in domestic terminals and that luggage would automatically be transferred?

Thanks for any information.

------------------
Cheers.

Leo.
Old Dec 1, 1999, 9:21 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
I believe that all US bound passengers going through Ireland are cleared through immigration there. As I recall you still have to deal with customs on arrival in the US.

I remember seeing the passengers from an Aeroflot flight going through immigration at Shannon (a refueling stop I believe)
Old Dec 1, 1999, 10:28 pm

no, you are done in ireland. when passing through the int'l terminal at jfk, there is a sign in the customs hall that specifies aer lingus passengers as well as us domestic customers from other airlines that use terminal 4 to pass throught the hall without stopping. you still may have to notify customs agents at the exit from which flight you came.

as for luggague transfer, you're probably on your own. while ei is entering into agreements with aa, aa is in terminals 8 & 9, so you would most likely have to take your luggage with you as jfk is tooooo big. the atomatic transfer could only work if you're connection is in the same place.

[This message has been edited by lonman (edited 12-01-1999).]
Old Dec 2, 1999, 7:14 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.

------------------
Cheers.

Leo.
Old Dec 2, 1999, 10:21 am
Original Member

I am pretty sure I have seen baggage from Shannon and Dublin on the belts, in the Customs Hall, in Atlanta. I am 100% certain I have seen those cities on the signs above the belts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.