Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Airline Seats (I mean seats, not tickets!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 1999, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know where I could get myself a row of airline seats? There's got to be some central clearing house or dismantling place.

Also, what would something like that cost? Is there much demand? I just think that a row of airline seats would look so awesome in my living room.
Old Nov 20, 1999, 9:13 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Boeing has a surplus center outside Seattle. At one time I believe they did sell surplus aircraft seats, at least that's what Sunset magazine said in a story they ran a couple of years ago. They do have a website (do a search on Boeing Surplus), but last time I checked it said they did not have aircraft parts, only surplus office equipment.
Old Nov 21, 1999, 12:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Very dated data. My friend, now deceased, was in the theater seating business. Through his contacts he was offered several hundred at less that $10 each, but he had to pick them up and hall them off. This was back 20 years or so. They really become junk, when they cannot be sold to a "lesser" airline.

Check with some theater chain installers, manufacturers, etc for a line
Old Nov 21, 1999, 12:55 pm

Go here for Boeing Surplus: http://www.boeing.com/assocproducts/...ail/index.html
Old Nov 21, 1999, 1:13 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Well, I just saw a story that said Boeing Surplus sometimes has entire lavatory units from planes so maybe they do still sell seats and don't consider those to be "parts".

Boeing Surplus phone is 206-393-4065
fax- 425-393-4050

Old Nov 22, 1999, 12:09 am
Original Member

It's not a very good use of miles IMHO, but you can get rows of 3 or 4 seats for 88,888 and 99,999 miles respectively.
http://www.moremiles.com/english/mm/s_37_e.htm
Old Nov 22, 1999, 12:21 am

I remember seeing an article in Lufthansa's flight magazine about rows of seats being for sale. Maybe you could call up a reservations agent and ask if they've got that article lying around somewhere or know about it?
Old Nov 22, 1999, 1:44 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
LH officially sells them: http://skyshop.lufthansa.com/cgi-bin...8/Catalog/1007

[This message has been edited by Rudi (edited 11-22-1999).]
Old Nov 22, 1999, 5:16 am
Original Member

Thank you, Derek, for the most INTERESTING out-of-left-field question I've read on the board in a very long time.

Maybe we could have another award category for most interesting and unusual question/topic?
Old Nov 22, 1999, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hmmmmmmm........this doesn't have anything to do with the "Mile High" club, does it?
Old Nov 22, 1999, 9:32 am
Original Member

They were on LH's website last week.

actually, not so weird an idea. My grandfather worked for a company that had a subsidiary that made the seats. He bought one (about 25 years ago) mounted on a pedestal--it was the easy chair in his family room. My brother inherited it (fell off the car one time when he was moving it--gouged the Naugahyde a bit) and still has it. It was extremely comfortable--a bit narrow (I DK whether it was coach or f/c) but firm and comfortable either to lean back in (my grandfather had a matching ottoman) or to work at a desk in.

jl

jl

[This message has been edited by jamiel (edited 11-22-1999).]
Old Nov 22, 1999, 10:21 am

Of course there is an additional charge to get seats WITHOUT a reclined seat in front of you.

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."

Old Nov 22, 1999, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Derek -

If you go to this site, you can see examples of the OLD OLD UA F seat sets for sale.
http://www.keystoneaviation.com/

These guys are not good about returning the email messages that are left for them, and I've actually never gotten a response on pricing.

This is important to me, as my fiancee became enamored of them when I flew her in F to London to propose, and admitted she wouldn't mind if we had them at our home. I want to get them before she can change her mind.

Maybe it would be better that way, though.

Greg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.