Freeride Visa being devalued

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 1999, 1:42 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Freeride Visa being devalued

I'll put this here since Freeride points can be used for Marriott gift certificates.

The Freeride Visa is being devalued. Effective Dec 1, the Visa will still earn 1 point per dollar, but the number of points for Marriott gift certificates will double. Oh well, time to cut the card and use something else.

Also, their web site changes have been negative. It takes longer to earn points and point earning is not as good as it used to be.

[This message has been edited by PG (edited 11-17-1999).]
Old Nov 17, 1999, 6:58 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes PG, thank you. I noticed this morning that they had "updated" once again. It seems after the initiation and excellence at first, it has been a long, slow but steady ride downhill. Every change has been negative as you say, and increasingly less frank in their manner as well! "We are splitting points!" as if it were a stock split or something and created value for the user, which of course is also of little to no value anyway! This appears to be largely directed at their VISA users which have been generouslt treated up till now. Ironically I was just looking to apply two days ago and now of course I likely wont bother. On the brigher side though, it's free and the site does work.

BTW- A Visa/MC forum would have perhaps helped somewhat for your post, eh? Soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.