Suggestion for news items

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestion for news items

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 1999, 12:22 am
Commander Catcop

Doc, you are more a news junkie than I am.

Maybe you can combine several items under one heading if they are of the same theme (like airport delays or strikes) just so we can find the time to read all of them.

It's a lot to read dozens of posts and sometimes I have to skip over alot of them.

And nobody say anything about MY POSTS!!!
Old Oct 19, 1999, 7:59 am
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
Maybe Randy should rename the In the news forum "Whats up Doc"
Old Oct 19, 1999, 8:05 am

Since this in an interactive forum, with responses encouraged, my preference is for individual posts. This allows me to focus on the topics that interest me, ignore the ones that don't, and respond accordingly, knowing that most of the replies (hopefully) pertain to one particular subject area. A clear, concise topic headline is of utmost importance, especially since our board has become so popular.

With multiple news topics in a single thread, the replies pertain to various subjects and require a time consuming process to sort through. The thread has the possibility to become lengthy and unmanageable.

doc, stay the course! I've learned much through your posts and appreciate your efforts. Thank you! Just my perspective.
Old Oct 19, 1999, 8:38 am
dg1

Old Gold: ROTFL
Old Oct 19, 1999, 8:59 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
Old Gold:
Old Oct 19, 1999, 9:29 am
In Memoriam

MRLIMO: Very succinctly put.

I APPRECIATE doc's willingness to provide a news clipping service and I have complete control as to whether I read or skip over any individual item. Since he does a good job of naming topics, this works for me. Thank you doc.
Old Oct 19, 1999, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

doc- Don"t let the b*****ds get you down.....stay the course.

Old Oct 19, 1999, 10:42 am

Location: Winnipeg Canada, Cambridge England. CP - EP (R.I.P.) formerly AC-SE now lower than the lowest low.
I too prefer the individual posts. I find Doc's posts usefull as they invariably offer a news perspective from the USA, that I don't get when I'm in England or Canada. I don't have the time to sift through news reports on the www and I appreciate Doc's dedication to the subject.

Stewart.
Old Oct 19, 1999, 11:12 am
Original Member

Doc - I've been persuaded by pgupta and Mrlimo's very forceful arguements.
Old Oct 19, 1999, 12:07 pm

Thought provoking statistics, based on last 10 days of posts to In the news forum:

Topics started by doc: 14, replies: 34

Topics started by all others: 11, replies: 129

Doc's reply ratio: 2.4:1

reply ratio to all others: 11.7:1
Old Oct 19, 1999, 12:15 pm
Original Member

Thank you 'quack'. I'll just get my (fireproof) coat.
Old Oct 19, 1999, 12:40 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome "quack."

And I'll get my bulletproof vest to wear under my bunker gear!

Briefly examining the "data", it appears to be somewhat in error. Nontheless, if corrected, there is indeed an apparent 4:11 "response ratio" in this thread over the last ten days!

And therefore what?

Much as I would like to please everyone, I can't see how this would be possible. My only suggestion is that I more earnestly try to limit my posts. Perhaps they can be cut in half, thereby splitting the difference.

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 10-19-1999).]
Old Oct 19, 1999, 2:58 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member

[This message has been edited by essxjay (edited 10-19-1999).]
Old Oct 19, 1999, 3:06 pm
Alee

Wow....Poor Doc, trying to do us all a service and getting such a mixed bag of opinion! Of course, don't we all enjoy a little razzle online and that is why we become a member of a community? Doc, I for one enjoy your news blurbs just the way they are! Thanks for all the tips!

Old Oct 19, 1999, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
I'm just wondering... Is "quack" an actual new participant whom we are going to get to know, or did some wag just go out of his/her way to come with a name that would be the antithesis of "doc"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.