Wiki Posts
Search

Connection Time in FRA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 1999, 6:21 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
from where to where? and which passport?
Old Jun 29, 1999, 6:24 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
as long as your incoming flight is more or less on time: no problem at all (I never experienced a waiting time before passport control of more than 5 minutes - and you have 2 hours 20 minutes to waste.
Old Jun 29, 1999, 6:39 pm
BSL

Connection Time in FRA

I am flying into FRA at 7:20Pm and am wondering how long it takes to clear customs. Or do I even need to clear customs if I am continuing onto another airline flight? Having not been to FRA before I am wondering if ya'll have had any similar experiences?
Will I be able to connect to a 9:40 PM flight?
Old Jun 29, 1999, 10:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I have had no problem even when my plane was late connecting from an international to a domestic terminal at FRA--once I had only about 40 minutes connect time and it was no problem.

I don't know how long it takes to get between the furthest apart terminals but with over 2 hours you could probably walk around the airport three times and still have time to spare.
Old Jun 30, 1999, 8:55 am
In Memoriam

Programs: UA1K MM, HHonors Diamond + many more
The last time I had to connect in FRA I had 1 hour and 35 minutes and it was no problem. Which airlines and connect to where ?
Old Jun 30, 1999, 9:30 am
BSL

Rudi and BB, As I left this message I smiled as I knew one of you would be my saving grace.
We are coming in on LTU from MLE at 19:20 and want to connect to the 21:20 LT flight to Rome or Nice.

1. Will Ltu and LT do inline baggage transfers? (Do I want to risk it?)

2. Any suggestions on a consolidator for this routing: (Yes, I have to pay, with my money.... [OH the shame!])

FRA-ROM LT 21:20 then a few days later
ROM-AMS KL/AL 6:45 to connect to our flight to IAH.

3. US passports.

How is the DC Lounge?

[This message has been edited by BSL (edited 07-01-1999).]
Old Jul 1, 1999, 7:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I have not had a problem with baggage transfers between different (sometimes unaffiliated airlines) carriers in Europe.

try www.tiss.com for a consolidator fares--you may not like the complicated (i.e. non-direct) routings though. Better to buy a Europe pass of some sort if you are flying in from North America somewhere along the way.
Old Jul 2, 1999, 12:31 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Made it through FRA with only 21 minutes (for an international flight!) for my connection. Gate agent called me 'an illegal'.

------------------

Dorian

'The early bird may catch the worm but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.'
Old Jul 2, 1999, 5:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
People might call me a sourpuss (sorry Catman) but from my past experiences at FRA a few months ago, I wouldn't believe that FRA permits a 50 minutes minimum connection time between flights. Even with one hour to spare, Lufthansa Ground service staff privately acknowledges that most baggage will not make it to the connecting flight. Give yourselves at least 2 hours. The airport is immense.
Old Jul 2, 1999, 8:43 pm
robert gillespie

If you have carry-on, you will have no difficulty at FRA. I've been in and out 50+

times in the past 10 years and never had a

problem as long as I have carry-on but baggage can take an hour in summer when load factors are realy over load factors. Passport control can take a lot of time if the line is long, as it often is in summer, but FRA's overall efficiency is really very

good. Be of good cheer - and optimistic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.