Wiki Posts
Search

SABRE system

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 1999, 12:39 am
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

SABRE system

I want to know does the retirement of 'easysabre' effect the airline's reservation system? I travel mostly on CP and upgrade seats used to become available right at the 72 hour mark. However, since the returement of 'easysabre', this is not the case. I don't know exactly when they became available. But sometime after the 72 hour mark.
From my understanding, they still use the SABRE system.

Regards,
Empress
Old Jun 29, 1999, 6:56 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
The retirement of Easy Sabre should have absolutely no affect on any other system. Easy Sabre was only an interface to Sabre, and the retirement of an interface to the system should not affect the overall workings of the system.
Old Jun 30, 1999, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
The SABRE computer systems remain the largest travel computer system in the world. It is owned by AMR (American Airlines). Easysabre was a samll facet of the entire SABRE network. CP uses SABRE's interface host for their computer reservation systems as do over a dozen other airlines! Upgrade seats etc have nothing to do with the demise with easysabre. SABRE itself still reigns and work according to its programme.
Old Jul 1, 1999, 8:32 am

You would most likely be able to check at ITN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.