Search

Most Wanted Award Seats and How to Get Them

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 1999, 12:18 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Most Wanted Award Seats and How to Get Them

Just got the current Consumer Reports Travel Letter with this as the lead article. Best chances to get free seats are to Buenos Aires, Calgary, Grand Cayman, Madrid, Milan, Paris/orly, St. Maarten, and hello Rudiville (i.e Zurich)!

Generosity Index-
#1AA 1.43mill booked 10.2% avail +8.3% incr
UA
NW
TWA
CO
USAirways
#7DL 0.775mill 6.3%avail +5.3% incr

They also provide quite a bit of data on international seat availability and which routes (eg JFK-HNL, surprise!) offer the most value for your miles. It's more detailed than most, and as usual of more benefit to the INfrequent flyer but still makes interesting reading!
Old Jun 21, 1999, 3:23 pm
kid

Interesting- some good correlation with other reports.
Old Jun 22, 1999, 11:35 am

Thanks. At first I did not realize this was not the same regular Consumer Reports article. Did AMR actually give away 1.4 million free flights last year? That is hard to believe. As others have said before, stay away from DL for free travel.
Old Jun 23, 1999, 2:22 pm

Happily flying more of AA now. Wonder if DL will permit use of skymiles on AF?
Old Jun 23, 1999, 3:56 pm
Original Member

Delta already permits very extensive use of miles on Air France, although they were due to end first class awards next month. More details via the Delta website, but AF offers Skymiles members more award flight combinations than any other airline including Delta itself. Don't forget AF fly to 80(ish) different countries.

What is of interest is how long it will be before AF flights qualify for DL base (status) miles and v-v.

James

[This message has been edited by james (edited 06-23-1999).]
Old Jun 23, 1999, 6:15 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Agreed, especially on the elite qualifying or status miles which is particularly important to me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.