Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WI DELLS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2001, 11:45 am
Original Poster

WI DELLS

I am going to the wisconsin dells for a weekend and was wondering if anyone has been there before and knows where a good place to stay is. Thank you so much in advance!
Old Jul 25, 2001, 7:43 pm

What is the purpose of your trip? There are several lower- to moderate-price chain hotels I found in AAA book that have loyalty programs(Comfort Inn, Best Western Ambassador Inn, Ramada Limited). I am not familiar with these specific point-earning properties but have stayed about five times at a place that is very casual in atmosphere, pricey, has no miles or point program, but has a huge -- no, let's say gigantic indoor and outdoor waterpark area. Conventions are held there, but there are many families. I have also looked at a couple of places with indoor or outdoor water facilities. One hotel has opened in the past year and a half or so and has recently opened outdoor facilities. One resort has a golf course adjoining the hotel. Hotel room supply used to be short, but that is quickly changing. Many of the resorts have floor plans posted on their websites. don't be surprised if hotels require two night minimum bookings during peak times, so if you don't plan on staying two nights try booking very close to your arrival date (a day or two before) and the minimum stay requirement may be lifted if your room type is available.

Check out the Dell's Visitor and Convention Bureau site for ideas:

http://www.wisdells.com/

I have stayed here:

http://greatwolflodge.com/FlashPositive.htm

Good luck!
Old Jul 28, 2001, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA MP:1P for life, TG:Gold, CO:Gold
There was a quite active thread on this subject a couple of weeks ago: Wisconsin Dells

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.