Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule changes & Airline obligations?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2002, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Schedule changes & Airline obligations?

I have a ticket I bought about a month ago from St. Thomas to Hartford on Delta through Atlanta in September. After the ticket was issued, Delta changed their schedule, and the later arrival time in Atlanta means I can no longer make the connection to Hartford. It is the only Delta flight out of St. Thomas, and the Hartford flight I was on is the last Delta flight of the day.

I talked with two different customer service agents at Delta, and their response was that I only have two options: 1) to cancel the ticket and request a refund or 2) spend the night in Atlanta (at my own expense) and they will put me on a morning flight the next day. I suggested that they try to accomodate me on another airline for the return portion, or put me on another carrier from St. Thomas to San Juan so that I can get back on Delta to connect with the last Hartford flight. Both requests were denied.

The refund is not a good option as I packaged the hotel with the air and would not get enough of a refund to buy a ticket on another carrier (and I had paid extra $ to get on Delta!). An overnight stay would cost me more than the commuter flight plus I would have to burn another vacation day.

I was surprised that Delta has no obligation other than those listed - and they said the fare class I had makes no difference. Medallion and Crown Room Membership obviously don't matter either.

I had Delta change the return to go out of San Juan and figure the commuter fare is the best alternative at this point. Any thoughts from the board on Delta's obligation or other creative suggestions of what to do? Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2002, 11:48 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

--I believe you should post this on the DL(under FT Miles) board. Your questions will be answered promptly .

[This message has been edited by obscure2k (edited 08-05-2002).]
Old Aug 5, 2002, 8:03 pm

Programs: Seashore Trolley Museum "flight attendant"
Ask them about cheap hotel rates they have long term contracts with and that are normally used for flight crew staying overnight in Atlanta.

They should let you pick and choose other flight combinations possibly involving open jaws with other cities (e.g. returning to Boston instead of Hartford), although you are on your own getting to or from those cities.

They should book your picked choice with no increase in fare if there are any seats available, not necessarily in the low fare allotment.

Putting you on another airline only applies when you are stranded in the middle of your trip, but usually does not apply to weather delays or cancellations.

Travel tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/travel.htm

[This message has been edited by AllanJ (edited 08-05-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.