Wiki Posts
Search

In support of American Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2001, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA/UA/BA
In support of American Airlines

Come, join a British Guy supporting US carriers!

Due to recent events, my personal feeling is that AA are getting pretty bad publicity right now. Like all US carriers, they need the help and the continued business of their customers, not just from the US, but from around the globe.

AA are suffering more than most, mostly due to their three aircraft losses within two months. Sure, they are the worlds biggest airline, but even the mighty can fall. We all remember Pan Am and Eastern. Can you imagine the shape of air travel in the US and around the world, without AA, without United, without Delta? Fares would go up, because the big carriers keep those prices low and other airlines match those low fares to compete on market share.

I decided to help in my own small way, buy travelling three times between now (18th November, 2001) and the end of this year, from London to California. The airlines are making trips like this very attractive right now, with their systemwide double mileage bonuses. For example, London-New York-San Francisco-Dallas-London earns me 12,274 base miles. Add a gold bonus (25%) and thats an extra 3068 miles. Add the double mileage bonus, 1000 miles for booking online and 1000 miles repeat-online booking bonus, I get a total of 29616 miles, and that's just in Economy class! So, now multiply that by 3, I get 88,848 miles, in a month, plus I'll qualify for a Platinum card. That's got to be worth the effort!

Airlines are dependant on us, the travelling public, to keep them in business. We rely on airlines to transport us safely, comfortably and cost effectively. Accidents happen, but air travel is still safe. I have consciously chosen to fly on an American Airlines Airbus A300-600R for my next flight. Why? Because I have faith in the airline, faith in the aircraft and I don't buy all the media hype.
I suggest we all do the same.

The more we fly, the move value we return to our frequent flyer miles. Airlines do value their frequent flyers, as we fly more, less routes get cut, fewer airlines get parked in the dessert.

As travellers, we can work together to rebuild the industry. What are we waiting for?

Good luck, fly safely. :-)
Old Nov 27, 2001, 12:42 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
go 777brit. because all my travel is directed to aa, thanks for your support. i don't want them to go under.
Old Nov 27, 2001, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 777Brit:
plus I'll qualify for a Platinum card. That's got to be worth the effort!
</font>
I hope it's by a challenge or are you qualifying by miles/points only?
Old Nov 30, 2001, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA/UA/BA
Well, I'm doing the Platinum qualification by buying revenue tickets and flying the 50,000 miles. Is that the wrong way to do it then? I thought that's how it should be done!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.