Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

How to find a place to stay for a month or longer.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2023, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Hello All, we are considering a month or so in Tucson and I am wondering what lodging options might be available to us. The obvious things that come to mind are AirBnB, VBRO, Marriott Homes and Villas.

For a stay of this length cost is our biggest concern, not amenities. By that I mean non-hotel options are fine. I’ll need to work during this time. More space is better than less space.

Are there other long term options we should be looking at, corporate rentals, timeshares, something else?

What options do you pick for long stays?
Old Nov 21, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Try Furnishedfinder

https://www.furnishedfinder.com/

P.S. also can try searching via zellow rental homes and booking vacation rentals. Avoid craigslist
Old Nov 22, 2023, 6:34 pm
Suspended

We travel like this often and find that AirBnB is better for outside the US and VBRO better for inside. Just our experience. And we consider cost secondary and are more concerned with comfort and convenience. Having a kitchen, multiple bedrooms, etc. is well worth it.

The nice thing about smaller cities like Tucson is that you can look 10-30 miles away and never notice the difference if you have a car.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 6:48 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

If your stay is in the summer, you can often sublease an apartment from a student who is going to be gone during that time. Perhaps check local Facebook groups for the University of Arizona.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 10:15 am

I have often stayed for over a month in an AirBNB. When looking at AirBNBs, many hosts offer a large discount for one month stays. Check the pricing details to find those deals.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 5:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pfreet
I have often stayed for over a month in an AirBNB. When looking at AirBNBs, many hosts offer a large discount for one month stays. Check the pricing details to find those deals.
And when nothing was listed, we've contacted some to ask and they then offered a decent discount.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 7:35 pm

Another thing you can do is phone up some hotels in the area you are looking to stay at (inside Tuscon). Many hotels have monthly rates as well.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 8:24 am

Programs: Continental, US Air
Check with local agencies

I've had success in AZ by checking with local realtors and property management firms. If you have contacts in the area who are on Nextdoor, ask them to post a message looking for a rental for you
Old Dec 6, 2023, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4mil miles, Hilton Gold
Been there, done that

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Hello All, we are considering a month or so in Tucson and I am wondering what lodging options might be available to us. The obvious things that come to mind are AirBnB, VBRO, Marriott Homes and Villas.

For a stay of this length cost is our biggest concern, not amenities. By that I mean non-hotel options are fine. I’ll need to work during this time. More space is better than less space.

Are there other long term options we should be looking at, corporate rentals, timeshares, something else?

What options do you pick for long stays?
We have rented houses in Tucson for a month many times. Typically with Airbnb, VRBO and Craigslist. Some of the apartment complexes also rent furnished units.
January and February are very high demand times. Prices are very high and availability low.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.