Suspended
Original Poster

Who is at fault: baby kicks passenger, passenger fusses

Who is at fault here?

There are two passengers in seats next to each other:

X, all alone.
Y, with a baby.

Y’s baby repeatedly kicks X.

X turns to Y and says, putting X’s hand in the middle of the armrest: “This has to stop. The space is here.”, and gestures to the middle of the armrest.

Who is right and who is wrong?

Later, X shows a video on X’s phone: Y calling a fast food employee at their origination airport a racial slur.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
Who is at fault here?

There are two passengers in seats next to each other:

X, all alone.
Y, with a baby.

Y’s baby repeatedly kicks X.

X turns to Y and says, putting X’s hand in the middle of the armrest: “This has to stop. The space is here.”, and gestures to the middle of the armrest.

Who is right and who is wrong?
X’s message about delineating the boundary of the shared space is right

however, the method (“This has to stop”) is wrong — X appears to be seriously lacking in social interaction skills and respect for others
Old Jul 21, 2023, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
After the first kick, did the parent apologize or adjust their baby’s position? After repeated kicking “this has to stop” sounds very acceptable to me. And I LOVE MY BABY. Actually only once did we do lap child and even then we were mindful of our baby’s movements. Quickly apologized when our baby kicked the neighbor’s chair. Apologies do help… thankfully that was the only incident and Ryan wasn’t too upset with our baby kicking the chair.
strickerj and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 9:03 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Sorry folks, these travel with babies have been discussed ad nauseam over the years. No reason to add another thread
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator
CDTraveler, jrl767 and farci like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.