Annoying vloggers on flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annoying vloggers on flights?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2023, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by IJN Harekaze
Well, assuming I am allowed to name names, it was Noel Philips.

Moans on planes about the food and then dives straight to the nearest KFC
The funniest one of his I saw was when he fancied going to Texas for steak...Flew MAN-IAH on Singapore Airlines and went to a...Longhorn Steakhouse before flying back to the UK.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 2:16 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by IJN Harekaze
Well, assuming I am allowed to name names, it was Noel Philips. I did indeed write to BA but what came of it I do not know - if at all.
Phew. The only one I could think of was Ed Sheeran. This guy LOOKS annoying. But he may be a nice chap. What do I know.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
I'm kinda curious as to what other "countermeasures" people have taken to shut down annoying vloggers...
My 15 year-old reply would be start playing fart noises on your phone.
stef315, blue2002, pbjag and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Lol. I was thinking something more insidious or creative but that works too.

I remember a few years ago there was an experiment where they took copywritten soundtracks, somehow change the frequency to the point where they couldn't be heard by humans (at least normal humans) and then fired off DCMA takedown notices to help with the privacy of certain celebrities. I wonder if that would work here... "Your video is the subject of a DCMA notice..." "But there's nothing there" "It's triggering a copywrite notification"... I can see it happening out in public, but I think the white noise coming from the flight would nix that issue...
stef315 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 1:03 am
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

On a KLM flight last month. One of those boarded while filming. His camera was filing the cabin and I had no desire to be on his video. I asked him if he had the crew's permission to film in the cabin. Asked him to look for the KLM announcement about privacy (they do that on every flight). It is getting ridiculous how these people forget that their right to swing their umbrella ends where the other person's nose begins.
Yahillwe, DaxOmni, THR and 9 others like this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 9:21 pm

I'd be tempted to unleash the real thing..
Old Feb 25, 2023, 3:27 pm

I'd start playing some well known song so it gets a content match on YT every time they start getting annoying.
stef315, KRSW, not2017 and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by LtKernelPanic
I'd start playing some well known song so it gets a content match on YT every time they start getting annoying.
There was a PoC several years ago that did something like that. People would be fitted with a speaker that would play songs at a tone higher than most humans could here. The concept was that YT would catch it with the content management system while the vlogger would not know until it got flagged. I'm not sure if it ever went into production, but I would love to have that set up.
stef315, whkento, not2017 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 5:23 am

Oh the passive aggressive opportunities. On occasion I've photographed or recorded people doing vlogs (though never on a plane) or using selfie sticks. If they ask me to stop, I tell them "I will if you will". Sorry the image is sideways.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 5:24 am

The fact that any of these vloggers or "influencers" actually have followers just boggles my mind. I don't need some idiot telling me what to wear, or buy, or where to go on vacation,
Old Mar 1, 2023, 5:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Are there any airplane vloggers that you guys like?

In a dream world, I'd like to see:
-3 minute clips
-focus on seat and food
-no sensational (e.g. "worst airline ever") taglines
fsuj25 and deadshark like this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:01 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
No drone? Amateur.
KRSW and GW McLintock like this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by moondog
Are there any airplane vloggers that you guys like?

In a dream world, I'd like to see:
-3 minute clips
-focus on seat and food
-no sensational (e.g. "worst airline ever") taglines
Dennis Bunnick and Jeb Brook seems nice. Paul Lucas is a bit wordy as is Paul Smith (although he has been veering away from stuff I prefer to watch). but both are informative.

Can't stand Josh Cahil and Nonstop Dan. Same goes for Jayden Wong.

There are a few others I find aren't too bad, but these are the ones that come to mind immediately.
bwiadca, KRSW, Cupart and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:17 am

It could be worse…

At least they’re not using mini drones to film themselves on the flight. You know, viewing themselves from overhead followed by a sweeping flight through the cabin.

Now that I think about it, maybe on my next flight I will start the “Flight on a Flight” TikTok challenge. Maybe it will be the rage that everyone tries to do.

I know what you’re thinking, so I will just say, “You’re welcome”
GMurphy likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Fly to Texas for a steak and go to... Longhorn? Had to be a paid gig.
Luckily, I haven't encountered a vlogger in the air. I can handle an "influencer" taking some photos, but vlogging with lights and loud commentary is beyond the pale.
GMurphy and ScottishTX like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.