Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tipping FAs with cash?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2021, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Tipping FAs with cash?

In a youtube comment section I was surprised to find someone saying that they give cash tips at the end of the flight to FAs that have provided good service. FWIW this person says they usually travel First. Sometimes I have brought along a bag of chocolates for the crew that I give at the start of the flight, and I have seen others hand out company pens and small trinkets. But I have never heard of giving cash tips as in a restaurant. What are your thoughts? Isnt this putting FAs and the airline in an awkward position? Not to mention pax.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 10:33 pm

Nuts. Crazy. Mad. Youtube. The new normal.
mmff likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by quark99
In a youtube comment section I was surprised to find someone saying that they give cash tips at the end of the flight to FAs that have provided good service. FWIW this person says they usually travel First. Sometimes I have brought along a bag of chocolates for the crew that I give at the start of the flight, and I have seen others hand out company pens and small trinkets. But I have never heard of giving cash tips as in a restaurant. What are your thoughts? Isnt this putting FAs and the airline in an awkward position? Not to mention pax.
Uh, why does anyone need to tip FAs?

David
KDS777, Davvidd and mmff like this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 4:08 am

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
I would never tip a juice pusher. They are not hard working minimum wage employees. Quite to the contrary indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.