Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Which (or how many) states have/haven't you been to?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which (or how many) states have/haven't you been to?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2021, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Ijones027
ah so seeing a np but not spending the night is worse then seeing nothing but sleeping in a holiday inn.got it
as the old saying goes, “diff’rnt strokes for diff’rnt folks”
Old Feb 23, 2023, 4:56 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I'm not even going to attempt to put these in any sort of logical order:

Total Visited / Lived: 22 States + 1 Federal District
Total Passed Through (did not stay the night): 3 States

Total I Have Physically Been In (Sum of Above): 25 States + 1 Federal District

Visited / Lived:
Texas
New Mexico
Colorado
Arizona
Nevada
California
Oregon
Washington
Hawaii
Louisiana
Missouri
Illinois
Minnesota
Indiana
Ohio
Tennessee
Georgia
Florida
North Carolina
Pennsylvania
New York
Massachusetts

Non-State Entities Visited:
Washington D.C. (Federal District)

Passed Through (did not stay the night):
Utah
Virginia
New Jersey
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:38 pm

I've been to 40 states + DC, my kid has been 33 + DC, and my cat has been to 29 states + DC and Canada.

Which means my cat is better traveled than the majority of Americans.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:42 pm
Original Member

Have been to 48 states (missing South Dakota and Louisiana), and have done some form of legal work (taking a deposition, court hearing, trial) in 41 of the 50 states.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:40 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
I claimed my 50th state with South Dakota in 2013. Since then I've been going ahead and revisiting states and then working towards developing more US milestones such as:

States Visited: 50
State Capitols Visited: 49 (Missing Juneau)
States Overnighted In: 48 (Missing RI and WY)
States Flown To: 49 (Missing WY)
States Where I've Drank at a Local Brewery: 39 (Missing: CO, DE, IN, KS, MD, MS, MN, NM, RI, VT, WY)
Since this I can update to:

States Visited: 50
State Capitols Visited: 50
States Overnighted In: 49 (Still missing WY)
States Flown to: 49 (Still missing WY)
States Where I've Drank at a Local Brewery: 48 (Missing DE, WY)

Obviously I badly need a Wyoming trip!
Old Feb 28, 2023, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by jrl767
I checked off the last one (ND) on our DC-to-Seattle drive in June 2017 ... Mrs767 still needs to log AR, OK, and KS (plus MO to count for more than just the airport)

in terms of flying I'm missing AR, ND, WV, and VT entirely; in terms of commercial flights I have an "orphan" departure from WI, and have only transited MS, RI, and WY (plus ROTC summer camp flights to/from MS) ... I have one Boeing Flight Test mission to/from Casper WY (CPR), and can only log DE by general aviation (in/out) and USAF (in)
update -- took a PWM-JFK flight in Sep 2022, so have now logged an airline takeoff in 46 states

still paging @GRALISTAIR for "logbook" criteria
Old Feb 28, 2023, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Well it has changed over the years.
  1. My first time round it was enough to set foot in all 50 states - even just an airport change.
  2. Second time around I needed to rent or use my own car and drive in all 50 states. (AK I drove from Anchorage to Wasilla and back)
  3. 3rd time round I photographed the "Welcome to" sign for all 50. Alaska was a ..... but finally got it on a cruise where we crossed on a day trip out from Alaska into Canada and back). Hawaii was the harbor side in Maui.
  4. 4th time around I had to fly in and out of an airport in all 50. Delaware was a ..... but it has had scheduled service from ILG first of all from DEN on Frontier and now again on Avelo into multiple airports.
  5. 5th time around I had to visit all 50 capital cities of states. Juneau was the most fun but HNL is good too. Santa Fe was picturesque and fantastic also.
  6. 6th time around I had to stay overnight in all 50 states
  7. 7th time around I had to visit all 50 states a minimum of 10 times each (unique visits)
  8. 8th time around I had to visit all 50 states with my wife accompanying me
  9. 9th time around (and current goal with 3 missing NC, IL, MS) to stay overnight within the city limits/downtown area of all 50 capital cities. (Warning Trenton is scary and horrible)
  10. 10th time around - visit all 50 in a calendar year - done 4 times - also one year did them all in 6 months
  11. Another goal and I am serious - and Mrs Gralistair is extremely cooperative - to know my wife biblically/have carnal knowledge of her - in all 50 states. 12 states missing!!!!
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Mar 3, 2023 at 7:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.