Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Availability of Historical Seat Availability and Pricing Data for a Specific Route

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Availability of Historical Seat Availability and Pricing Data for a Specific Route

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2020, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Question Availability of Historical Seat Availability and Pricing Data for a Specific Route

I'm curious if folks have any guidance here. Let's say you're looking at a specific route and specific historical dates for that route. For example, let's say LAX-SLC-LAX with departure the morning of 2/7/20 and return the evening of 2/9/20. Is there any way to...

1) See which airlines and flights ran those routes on those days?

2) See how many seats were still available for those flights at a certain point in time, e.g. as of three days before departure?

3) See what the pricing for those seats was as of that point in time?

I imagine the airlines themselves track and maintain this data internally. But I wonder if it's available publicly anywhere?
Old Apr 24, 2020, 7:10 pm

1) expertflyer

2) nope

3) expertflyer gets you halfway there (they tell you what fares were valid for X day if buying X-Y days before, but not which fare buckets were open/available)
(X can be today, historical or future +/- 1year)
Old Apr 24, 2020, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paperwastage
1) expertflyer

2) nope

3) expertflyer gets you halfway there (they tell you what fares were valid for X day if buying X-Y days before, but not which fare buckets were open/available)
(X can be today, historical or future +/- 1year)
Thanks. That's great that Expertflyer has this historical pricing information as of various days before trip, but unfortunate that they don't also have information on how many seats were available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.