Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Which forum for refundable flights?

Old Apr 17, 2020, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Looking for options on ‘no change fee’ flights to Europe.

Will not cancel but may need to reschedule.

Where might I find current info?

Thx
Old Apr 17, 2020, 9:09 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

It seems that most forums have threads on the topic, so look in the specific forum for the airline you've booked.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks. We have not yet booked our flights. I have read many airlines are being very flexible regarding
no cost changes in hopes of selling tickets in this virus time.

Any tips for my search?
Old Apr 17, 2020, 12:10 pm
k54

Programs: Aeroplan
I'm looking for similar advice - I'm caught in a heck of an extenuating circumstance (my one-way emigration flight to Europe on March 31 got cancelled), I need to figure out the best way to get to Europe right now, but I really can't afford to book something that later gets cancelled for credit.

If this is the right forum I can start a thread, but if there's a more appropriate forum I'd love to know which one. Looking through the listings I'm really not sure.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 12:50 pm
k54

Okay, I partially answered my own question; it seems that while change fees are still up to individual airline policies, if the airline cancels the flight, there are still plenty of legal grounds for demanding a refund.

(Will post the link in a follow-up since I need 5 posts to provide the link)

bukzin , I know this doesn't answer your original question, but it does at least partially answer the question in your subject line about refundable flights! And hopefully you're able to find the information you need.
bukzin likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 1:19 pm
k54

That link: https://airpassengerrights.ca/en/cov...o-get-a-refund
(Includes advice for Canada, U.S., and E.U.)
bukzin likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.