Wiki Posts
Search

Window shades on a private jet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2019, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
Window shades on a private jet

For those of you who have been lucky enough to fly on a private or charter jet (I have not yet), I have a question.

On most airlines, it seems flights more than an hour, almost everyone ends up closing their window shades, turning the plane into a dark room. What is it link on business jets - is it the same? On one hand I imagine the people who fly these fly often enough they don't bother looking out, on the other hand the interiors are a lot better and maybe not so much an incentive to close them.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 7:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I have flown dozens of private jet flights ( wealthy friend) and I never close my window shade. That said others passengers have and it is almost always because they are napping or reading. My guess is business execs are so busy, that unless they are working they use a flight like this to catch up on sleep.....and even if they are working sometimes the glare of the sun is too much coming in the cabin. Unlike myself who feels like a kid in a candy store every time I fly private.....they are so use to it....it has more to do with creating the right ambiance and less about the luxury.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 7:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Private is about choice. People choose the catering and the mood. Flying between two important meetings may mean keeping the shades down so one can sleep. There's no correct answer.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
On the many times I've flown private I can't say the view of using the window shades is really any different from that of a commercial aircraft....if it's bright and sunny and streaking in at the wrong angle the blinds will be closed off on that side.of the aircraft (unless I'm the only passenger in which case I'll just adjust as I see fit), otherwise they seem to be generally left open, IME.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
sometimes I close, sometimes I leave open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.