Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reasonable conduct in elite spaces.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Reasonable conduct in elite spaces.

My husband and I do a lot of flying in premium cabins. We stay in 5* hotels with nice executive lounges. We use airport executive lounges because I pay cash or buy with points premium tickets. I am the only one with hotel and airline status and my husband enjoys this through me.

Just lately he's started to become vulgar and dismissive of other people whom we share the elite facilities. Last week he stated in a loud voice in an exec lounge that he has to go to the toilet to 'release last night's burger', he barked at me in another lounge because I couldn't see what he was pointing at - much to the surprise of other residents, he bounced up and down on a bench seat and stopped the people at the other end of the seat from eating.

He isn't a 4 yr old he's a grown man. I've explained how these actions aren't really acceptable now he's an adult to which his answer is he isn't going to change for anybody.

Am I over reacting or.....?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Is it possible that he suffered a minor stroke? They are a frequent cause of behavior changes that can't be explained otherwise, and they may have no other effects. If that's the case, there are treatments that can help. If the behavior changes aren't limited to hotel/airline lounges, or even if they are if they persist, it might be worth asking his physician about tests.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That behaviour isn't acceptable anywhere, it has nothing to do with 'elite spaces', it wouldn't be appropriate at McDonalds either.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:40 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

This is an issue which should be addressed by their physician.
Wishing the OP and her spouse well, but am locking the thread
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.