Passenger smoked in lav

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passenger smoked in lav

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by sethb
That's the first shot. The second is also .025 with no additional clearing, so 4 shots is .10 less .015 clearing = .085.
Which is why all the anti drink-driving advertisements tell people to 'reconsider your third drink' (now changed to 'reconsider your second drink' because people were still over the limit on three).
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by Disneymkvii
I was on a particularly stressful slight on WN about 2 years ago from JAX to BNA. We had been delayed by storms up north, then again by storms in JAX. so now we're about 4hours delayed. We are about over ATL when a guy in the 3rd or 4th row window seat lights one up! People around him are freaking out and yelling at him and he's smoking this cigarette like it owes him money. The FAs all descend up on him yelling at him but what can they do? By the time anything could be done, he was done with it. I'd say he smoked the whole think in 60 seconds. It was amazing and smelly. He was left alone the rest of the flight (maybe 40 minutes left) and was arrested as soon as we landed.
I recall in Law 101 that pouring water over someone can classified as assault. If that "merchant banker" was on my flight I'd accept being arrested for assault (quickly followed by leaking said arrest to the media to garner myself some sympathy for doing the "greater good" thing). I would also yell "fire" and then "got it, it's out". It's just a pity you only get small bottles of water on flights because I'd load a couple of litres on the "banker" given the chance.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:47 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

This I witnessed once on a China Airlines flight. The person got caught by the crew, who soon after announced that smoking is prohibited and punishable by law. Air fresheners were quickly sprayed unto the cabin. Didn't know what happened to the person, but they were definitely held at their seats during disembarkation.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rowingman
I thought that was crafty, and very "virgin atlantic" action in its character.
Snitches get stitches upgrades!

My one smoking-in-the-lav story was on a Southwest flight from MCI to Durango, Colorado.

You didn't think Southwest flew to Durango? Just light one up in the lav and you get a priority approach!! Turns out our smoker didn't disable the smoke detector, setting off an alarm in the cockpit. Upon landing, the smoker was offloaded into the custody of Colorado's finest and we proceeded on to PHX.

To this day I wonder where that passenger was ultimately headed (since lots of people connect in PHX), how long he was a guest at the Durango Greybar Hotel, and how many Greyhounds it eventually took to get him to his destination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.